Clear clutch cover

Thats cool, I'd be interested if it came in black. Wonder how much it costs.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Now we can live the life of Ducati owners, seeing our clutches spin.

Was going to make a joke about them but that would be in bad taste.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Interesting indeed. Not sure I'd want that for myself on a classic-lookin' CB1100, but it is still interesting.

I wonder how shatter-resistant the cover is?
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
pekingduck_imp said:
Watching the laundry tumble in the dryer is more interesting. :dodgy:
I guess one can watch the oil churn colour and any foam action if things aren't quite right.
I guess one can watch the oil churn colour and any foam action if things aren't quite right. :shy:
That may take a long time, knowing Honda quality :rolleyes:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
pekingduck_imp said:
Watching the laundry tumble in the dryer is more interesting. :dodgy:
I guess one can watch the oil churn colour and any foam action if things aren't quite right.
I guess one can watch the oil churn colour and any foam action if things aren't quite right. :shy:
That may take a long time, knowing Honda quality :rolleyes:
I guess one can watch the oil churn colour and any foam action if things aren't quite right. :shy:
That may take a long time, knowing Honda quality :rolleyes:
... or if someone puts "Energy Conserving" automobile motor oil into the crankcase. :dodgy:
 
Thread starter
mvk24_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
In black it would just be a cover up ...
Haha I mean the case part that is chrome in the video but still keeping the clear window lol

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
GSG MOTOTECHNIK : Skeleton Clutch Cover [MD-H55R]

Found it

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Haha I mean the case part that is chrome in the video but still keeping the clear window lol

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
GSG MOTOTECHNIK : Skeleton Clutch Cover [MD-H55R]

Found it

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
That not same as mine , This is made in Thailand youcan contact here,
Facebook
 
Wow, that looks neat! A while back, I was at a Cars and Coffee meetup, and a guy with an R1200GS had clear cylinder head covers, and delighted the crowd by showing off his rockers dancing back and forth in the oil bath. When I asked him about them, he said they weren't so much decorative, but rather a way for him to hunt for an oil starvation problem he had been having.

Nice to know that on a Honda, it would be purely for entertainment.
 
In the description it states that the clear part is a plastic resin, and that it must be replaced regularly because it can crack and allow oil to leak out. Say what? On the Ducati bevel drive window covers, glass is usually used and can last indefinitely.
shahyaan_imp said:
Now we can live the life of Ducati owners, seeing our clutches spin.

Was going to make a joke about them but that would be in bad taste.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually, when you see Ducati clutches spin you are usually looking at vented clutch covers over a dry clutch, which is the way most Ducatis were built until recent years. I can look down when sitting on my Multistrada and see the clutch spinning away through my clutch cover. A lot of owners with older bevel drive cams do put see through covers on, though a switch was made by Ducati to belt driven cams a long time ago. You can get see-through vented belt covers too, but a small stone can cause a big mess with them.
 
ok WHY would you want to see your clutch plates spinning?
 
For me it would be fun and different than anybody else
....if any malfunction, one would see exactly what and where :P
 
Back
Top