Cleaning exhaust headers.

There's a company here in O.C. called Burns Stainless, who makes custom stainless headers and exhaust.
They used to make a polish called "Manifold Destiny" which was awesome for stainless headers. Unfortunately they discontinued it.
I saw them at a show recently, and they said they're about to release a polish that's even better, so hoping that comes soon.
 
MagnaRider said:
I might give that a try. I never really minded the tarnished look on the stainless-steel headers but I recently saw a cleaned exhaust and really really liked the look. Some day I would like to get an actual chrome exhaust but that's out of the budget right now as I am about to buy a second house.

Congrats on the house. A new motorcycle will be in the garage soon. I can heartily recommend stainless steel exhaust. It is one of my favorite parts of my motorcycle, 2nd only to the gas tank. David
 
TFmU4a0.jpeg


3 years later these delkavic have never needed polished the oem needed polished every 2 month


5Gi3phR.jpeg
3 years later never touched them once probably would hurt to scrub them a bit but been to busy for that
 
calamarichris_imp said:
True, they're on the oil side, but the carbon build up on the valve stem causes wear on the valve seals.
One of the worst offenders is the V-Tec VFR; those exhaust valves that sit dormant below 7000rpm? They get build-up and it kill the seals.

If the valves remain closed below 7,000 RM, then how can carbon build up on the valve stems and access the seals?
 
Dave, my memories of calamarichris, which may, of course, be coloured by the, largely happy, passage of time without the benefit of his company, lead me to suspect you can take his observations with a healthy dose of caution.
 
Back
Top