CHVRCH CB1100 Project

If I had to wager a guess, I would think they were going more for a street tracker or dirt tracker look rather than bobber. I do not think the bike is exactly cafe' but I do like to looks. Not digging the dual tank fillers. The stock tank is pretty close to perfection in my opinion.
 
Thread starter
So the bike is finished. Check out their blog for more photos.

2013 CB1100 w 0 miles

202bb1653b11857d6ea74861ac849ae9.jpg
 
This bike are featured on the "Me & My Bike" page in the July 2014 Motorcyclist.

Can't agree with the quote "My favorite thing is to get the ugliest bike out there and try to make it look neat. And that CB looks terrible from the factory!" Must be that eye of the beholder thing...

BTW, the numbers plates were removed in the pic.
 
It would be a whole lot better looking without the numbers plate (glad they removed it), without the big decals, and definitely without the huge Japanese letters on the tank. Tank bump ain't great either.

But since the CB1100 is such a beautiful bike to begin with and since they did not take away from that beauty, I'd give it a thumbs up too. love the fenders, black exhaust system and the purple shock springs.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
It would be a whole lot better looking without the numbers plate (glad they removed it), without the big decals, and definitely without the huge Japanese letters on the tank. Tank bump ain't great either.

But since the CB1100 is such a beautiful bike to begin with and since they did not take away from that beauty, I'd give it a thumbs up too. love the fenders, black exhaust system and the purple shock springs.
It's not a street tracker or dirt tracker; it's a superbike, late 1970's/early 1980's style. The funky Japanese characters spell out a little-known name from AMA Superbike racing: Yoshimura. The tank bump is a quick-fill.

It looks exactly period-correct, very nice work.
That thing is a work of art and a labor of love.
3e5349dcfbb05db481f7a19478611f40.JPG
 
The thing that I can appreciate about this bike is the amount of work that went into it. Most everything looks like it was done with a high attention to detail.

The funny thing is, if this was the bike that Honda had actually released, I'd take a pass on it.
 
Guth_imp said:
The thing that I can appreciate about this bike is the amount of work that went into it. Most everything looks like it was done with a high attention to detail.

The funny thing is, if this was the bike that Honda had actually released, I'd take a pass on it.
Agreed.
 
Guth_imp said:
The thing that I can appreciate about this bike is the amount of work that went into it. Most everything looks like it was done with a high attention to detail.

The funny thing is, if this was the bike that Honda had actually released, I'd take a pass on it.
Thanks for saying that.

This thing is a great representation of a late 70's superbike.

That is exactly what Honda and other race teams did back in those days, and it's an absolutely logical and correct build for this bike.

Honda didn't ask us to buy CHVRCH's version, they provided us all with the platform to modify or not as we see fit.
 
Red Mist_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
The thing that I can appreciate about this bike is the amount of work that went into it. Most everything looks like it was done with a high attention to detail.

The funny thing is, if this was the bike that Honda had actually released, I'd take a pass on it.
Thanks for saying that.

This thing is a great representation of a late 70's superbike.

That is exactly what Honda and other race teams did back in those days, and it's an absolutely logical and correct build for this bike.

Honda didn't ask us to buy CHVRCH's version, they provided us all with the platform to modify or not as we see fit.
Red Mist - thanks for the explanation of the tank letters and the fuel tank bump.

I can see your point about late 70's superbike racing. And I definitely agree Honda gave us a great platform to enjoy as is or to modify to our liking.
 
Red Mist_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
The thing that I can appreciate about this bike is the amount of work that went into it. Most everything looks like it was done with a high attention to detail.

The funny thing is, if this was the bike that Honda had actually released, I'd take a pass on it.
Thanks for saying that.

This thing is a great representation of a late 70's superbike.

That is exactly what Honda and other race teams did back in those days, and it's an absolutely logical and correct build for this bike.

Honda didn't ask us to buy CHVRCH's version, they provided us all with the platform to modify or not as we see fit.
Thanks for saying that.

This thing is a great representation of a late 70's superbike.

That is exactly what Honda and other race teams did back in those days, and it's an absolutely logical and correct build for this bike.

Honda didn't ask us to buy CHVRCH's version, they provided us all with the platform to modify or not as we see fit.
Your right mate. Bike looks mean, kinda menacing. Love it, but not for me. I prefer, say, CIP's style but I'm glad they did it.

Cheers
 
Back
Top