Chrome Chain Cover

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Talk about responsiveness! Ask and you shall receive.

Samurider has posted the chome chain cover on his website. It's the
Honda official aftermarket item from PLOT and is made of chrome plated steel according to the description.

CB1100 | Samurider.com

I've wanted one ever since seeing it in the Japan catalog. I assumed it was plastic like the on on the bike.

The cover should brighten up the left side of the bike and provide a small degree of visual balance with the right side of the bike.

If you are looking for an accessory and can't seem to find a place to buy it, I'd suggest contacting Samurider
 
I also ordered the chain cover (now on backorder 2-3 weeks) and the tandem grip. He's on top of it. I love it.
 
Thread starter
Samurider shipped out my chain cover yesterday with tracking info and promised an update on my seat order when its ready. His small shop is super responsive.

Joola - bummer about your backorder but that seems to be pretty common on a lot of CB1100 accessories. It's been over a month since I ordered guage covers and still no word. Rear carrier took 3 weeks and side covers nearly that long. At least the Puig windscreen was in stock in the US and shipped fast.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
Samurider shipped out my chain cover yesterday with tracking info and promised an update on my seat order when its ready. His small shop is super responsive.

Joola - bummer about your backorder but that seems to be pretty common on a lot of CB1100 accessories. It's been over a month since I ordered guage covers and still no word. Rear carrier took 3 weeks and side covers nearly that long. At least the Puig windscreen was in stock in the US and shipped fast.
I'll survive (I hope). I'm going on vacation for the next 10 days so that'll make the time fly by. Takashi said he's going to ship the chain cover and tandem grip (which I also ordered) with my seat when it's ready. It's going to be like Christmas in July.
 
Thread starter
Dang! It took 24 hours for the chome cover to get from Japan to JFK airport in NY where it now sits in customs. I wonder how they determine what goes through customs and what sails right through like the side covers that arrived at my house in 72 hours?
 
CB4ME_imp said:
Dang! It took 24 hours for the chome cover to get from Japan to JFK airport in NY where it now sits in customs. I wonder how they determine what goes through customs and what sails right through like the side covers that arrived at my house in 72 hours?
Actually its pretty amazing how easy it is to buy stuff internationally these days. I remember trying to buy custom bike parts from the UK not that long ago; it was a hitch. Just sorting out the exchange rates etc was a project, let alone shipping logistics etc.

Its fortnate for us. given how little is available for our bikes domestically.
 
Thread starter
b2878c98ad0b4eccc1c8cb3fee4abd41.jpg


Four days from Japan to my house, including a one day stop-over in Customs.

Solid, flawless, chrome plated steel.
 
Looks great. Can't wait to see it on your bike. The one I ordered shipped on Saturday so I should have it installed next weekend.
 
I want one!!! Please do post a pic when you get it installed! :)
 
Ya know, you guys sure aren't helping me save money!! :D

Oh, and any previous threads of mine where I've cost you guys money are null-and-void. :P

yeah, I wanna see pics of that cover installed......$$$
 
Thread starter
I'll take a picture tomorrow. Ran into an unexpected storm last night and the bike needs a bath. Install is easy. The cover has a slightly different contour that the factory plastic piece, primarily on the side facing the wheel. Takashi charged me $22 for shipping - cheaper than some would charge in the states.

I'm more than happy to return the favor on goodies - I'm already in for a wind screen, side covers, license plate mod, grip covers and on order seat and gauge covers. Virtually all of these mods were influenced by folks showing stuff on this forum
 
I hope you can get the gauge covers. I've had mine on order from Honda for a month and a half or so. Supposed to be in this month though...
 
Thread starter
Finally got an afternoon without rain. And the gauge covers came in after a 37 day wait.

1a1e268e7338b1a7941b6cbc2f7b5252.jpg


6b118076f07fcbc1ec5b9ad40b6b1658.jpg


KandH seat and a Motogear slip-on and I'm probably done accessorizing for this year. Well....maybe not.
 
Looks fantastic CB4ME! The bike was really asking for a little chrome on the drive side to balance things out. Can't wait to get home from vacation and install mine.
 
CB4ME,

My covers finaly came in and I put them on last night. Only been on order since April 19!
 
CB4ME_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
CB4ME,

My covers finaly came in and I put them on last night. Only been on order since April 19!
Twelve weeks ? That's crazy !
Twelve weeks ? That's crazy !
I think I must have ordered mine after their initial stock was sold out and they had to get more in from Japan. But they did take their sweet time. Now if they would just add more access. to the list we can get here...
 
Back
Top