Chrome Browser Trouble

Offroad

Road warrior
Thread starter
Is anyone having trouble getting Chrome to load the CB1100 Forum correctly?

It works fine with Firefox and Microsoft Edge, just not Chrome on multiple computers?

c011e42d3c6009b9970bc3ddc8a27d57.jpg
 
Negative. Chrome is my go to browser everywhere.

Always up-to-date it is.

Maybe consider flushing your cookies from time-to-time.
 
offroadfx4_imp said:
Is anyone having trouble getting Chrome to load the CB1100 Forum correctly?

It works fine with Firefox and Microsoft Edge, just not Chrome on multiple computers?

c011e42d3c6009b9970bc3ddc8a27d57.jpg
I have the same issue with Brave, did you ever get this figured out?
 
I don’t know what causes that problem. I’ve had it occur on Safari and Chrome and usually connect it with a slow or low quality internet connection.
 
Interesting ... I've just restarted my computer, opened Chrome and had the same problem.
 
Have chrome browser today, did some clean up and rest = no help
iPhone rescued this situation.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Interesting ... I've just restarted my computer, opened Chrome and had the same problem.
I used Chrome this morning and had the issue but it worked fine after I refreshed. I try not to use Chrome, Brave is still having issues, I "reported a broken site" with them I'll see what happens.

I use a few different forums and most seem to use the same platform, this forum seems to be a little different.
 
Chrome has been rock solid for me since its inception, and on Windows, Linux, and Android. Heck, even on my iPad junk it just plain works.

The CB1100 Forum site service uses an antiquated web framework, but nonetheless, seems to work reliably on my browsers including Edge and Firefox.
 
This is most likely your browser trying to load the site by default using HTTPS. The site however was not setup to support that protocol for whatever reason. Most browsers also now hide the protocol (HTTPS, HTTP) at the beginning of the URL as a way to make the URL more friendly and instead display a lock symbol or some other cute little indicator which can make it confusing to determine under what protocol the site is being loaded.

Try typing "http://" before the "cb1100forum.com" in the address bar and see if it loads the site properly with images and the correct CSS formatting. If that works, then try searching how to "always load a site using HTTP" for your browser, or alternately, create a bookmark for the site and edit the properties and change the URL to HTTP if it saved it as HTTPS.
 
I have had this problem for a while. I go to the bottom of the page, select "lite (archive) mode" and click full version at the top of the second page.
Cumbersome, but it works.

Ben
 
... the generous founder of the site donates his personal resources and time to manage the service. Life sometimes leads us down other paths that need more attention.
 
I have the exact same problem. I tried going to the Chrome system page and deleting "cb1100forum.com/forum/" as recommended in a different post and it didn't work for me. Any other suggestions?
 
In the chrome address bar type in
Honda CB1100 Forum - For fans of Honda's CB1100
If it doesn't work, right click on chrome address bar and delete s from https, and then delete everything that is after .com including /
so will bring you back to
Honda CB1100 Forum - For fans of Honda's CB1100
and press enter and follow CB1100 Forum < may need to enter again
I am not computer expert, so my explanation may not look so professional

If it's fixed, in the google address bar will show you a little triangle with ! inside of it Not secure
If it doesn't work then let me know, so will provide pics?
This is how I fixed mine.
 
Back
Top