Choice of Fog /Accessory Lights

Ennsync_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I have strong LED lights and accessory lights on my 2 other bikes.
2014 VFR has factory LED and brighten the road as you do not need any additional . My VStrom has LED Bulbs and I installed two additional Fog lights , so bright as day.
CB uses no LED and seems to be not bright either at day or night .
Plan is to change the bulb to DOT approved LED and ad 2 accessory lights or Fog lights .:biker:
What would be your recommendations for lights and place to install( I a have SW Motech crash guards installed very low):thanks:
Thank you
Ride safe/Ride Long
 
I think driving lights work best when mounted as high as possible, pointing down ahead. Lights that are eye-level reflect the most light back at your eyes, as seen on most P-D bikes. I've ridden off road with super-brite helmet-mounted LED lights, and they are the just phenomenal. (Just remember not to look at anyone directly.)
Long-range, low-mounted driving lights are not very effective (except in blinding others), since they are aimed upward.
On cars at least, I've found foglights to be ineffective, even if they are mounted low, with yellow lenses, unless you can turn your headlights off. The headlights will blind you, but at least others know there's someone there. If I get caught in fog, I swivel the headlight down and just go slow.
 
My vote is the Denali lights. Twisted throttle has a couple videos on this light

THis video shows how they attached them to CB1100 sw motech crash guard

Go to the 2 min, 10 sec mark :



This video shows different lens to setup the denali for fog light use,

Go to the 1 min, 50 sec

 
Back
Top