Chinese "OEM" rear racks

Picked up an OEM rack via the for sale section for a pretty good price. Over half off. I'd ask if anybody has one to sell before I'd go the eBay route.
 
I'd love to get a rack for my Hepco Becker topbox, but it's just absurd what these things cost new! ($270 plus shipping?)
I've even considered making one out of copper or steel pipe. Yes...it would look absolutely awful, but I probably would only use it once or twice a year.
 
Thread starter
Still hoping to hear from anyone who has put one of the Chinese knockoff racks on before I pull the trigger. Please do not reply unless you have installed one, or know the thread topic on this forum or another forum of someone who has installed one, or know of a genuine OEM rack at the same price as the Chinese knockoffs. Thank you.
 
buckwheat_imp said:
Still hoping to hear from anyone who has put one of the Chinese knockoff racks on before I pull the trigger. Please do not reply unless you have installed one, or know the thread topic on this forum or another forum of someone who has installed one, or know of a genuine OEM rack at the same price as the Chinese knockoffs. Thank you.
I believe I paid ~$220 for my oem rack from a bike shop in Texas after a long search of the internet...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
 
buckwheat_imp said:
Still hoping to hear from anyone who has put one of the Chinese knockoff racks on before I pull the trigger. Please do not reply unless you have installed one, or know the thread topic on this forum or another forum of someone who has installed one, or know of a genuine OEM rack at the same price as the Chinese knockoffs. Thank you.

My 2013 came with a rack almost identical to this already installed. I've never taken full advantage of it--the most luggage I've travelled with is a backpack so far. Still, the quality seems good.



2013 Honda CB1100
 
Back
Top