Chic Design Red Fenders

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I swapped out rear fenders this afternoon.

It was a very simple job: Remove the seat and tool holder compartment. Find and unplug the white connector for the rear light. Then remove the 4 bolts holding the fender.

The Chic Design rear comes with a plug and play connector making install a "snap".

Here are some pictures.

6d54a349af66fcd7ed62d1501fb8b018.jpg


cbd6648d97d6559e13f20759a1fdaf51.jpg


92cc27f0499c99670905513acada1f91.jpg


f9f5e2e554c63fd4e517832c01ef3f9f.jpg
 
That's one lovely red machine. Nice work.
 
Do I possibly see a set of those fancy red stainless steel braided brake lines in the future of this bike?

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
Looks great, CB4ME. Definitely a unique look. I like those fenders, but I don't think I could part with my shiny chrome.

Looking at the pics, I'd say you've probably installed all the red parts that are available, but I have a feeling you'll come up with something. :thumbsup:
 
Well....there is the oil cooler, engine.....and what the hell...why not the frame?? ;)

LOL.
 
Wow... Looks great. That IS a lot of red lol. Showed the pics to my wife..she said you should have a specialty plate " C N RED" lol
 
I think his wheels will be the next to see red.
 
Thread starter
Rboe_imp said:
I'm surprised he has not done the red pin striping on his rims yet.
Thanks guys. I didn't intend to for my bike to end up all red.... but back in May of last year someone just had to add red side panels to his bike. I liked that one modification so much that things sort of snowballed from there.

Members have made so many cool modifications and taken the CB1100 in so many wonderful directions. I've taken my inspriation from all these examples. I wish I had the money for another CB1100. So many possibilities, so much fun doing mods, but so little money. :(

Wheel tape: Yes, I've had Progrip wheel tape for several weeks but it's been too darned cold to apply.

The bike's not done after that. I intend to add Motogear headers this spring.

BTW, If anyone needs replacement CB1100 parts I have a bunch in excellent condition. I would part with them cheap.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
I swapped out rear fenders this afternoon.

It was a very simple job: Remove the seat and tool holder compartment. Find and unplug the white connector for the rear light. Then remove the 4 bolts holding the fender.

The Chic Design rear comes with a plug and play connector making install a "snap".

Here are some pictures.

6d54a349af66fcd7ed62d1501fb8b018.jpg


cbd6648d97d6559e13f20759a1fdaf51.jpg


92cc27f0499c99670905513acada1f91.jpg


f9f5e2e554c63fd4e517832c01ef3f9f.jpg
Can you tell me where you purchased the backrest and seat and front cowl? So many nice options you have. Called local dealer for the rear rack and they said it was listed at $275. That seems nutty.
Can't wait to see what you do to it next. Just bought mine. Can't wait to do some tweaks.
Romo
Can you tell me where you purchased the backrest and seat and front cowl? So many nice options you have. Called local dealer for the rear rack and they said it was listed at $275. That seems nutty.
Can't wait to see what you do to it next. Just bought mine. Can't wait to do some tweaks.
 
Thread starter
Romo1969_imp said:
CB4ME_imp said:
I swapped out rear fenders this afternoon.

It was a very simple job: Remove the seat and tool holder compartment. Find and unplug the white connector for the rear light. Then remove the 4 bolts holding the fender.

The Chic Design rear comes with a plug and play connector making install a "snap".

Here are some pictures.

6d54a349af66fcd7ed62d1501fb8b018.jpg


cbd6648d97d6559e13f20759a1fdaf51.jpg


92cc27f0499c99670905513acada1f91.jpg


f9f5e2e554c63fd4e517832c01ef3f9f.jpg
Can you tell me where you purchased the backrest and seat and front cowl? So many nice options you have. Called local dealer for the rear rack and they said it was listed at $275. That seems nutty.
Can't wait to see what you do to it next. Just bought mine. Can't wait to do some tweaks.
Romo
Can you tell me where you purchased the backrest and seat and front cowl? So many nice options you have. Called local dealer for the rear rack and they said it was listed at $275. That seems nutty.
Can't wait to see what you do to it next. Just bought mine. Can't wait to do some tweaks.
Search the acessories section for backrests for details.

I don't think anyone has offered a complete backrest for the CB1100 yet. My wife wanted one, so when another forum member added a Jardine sissybar to a factory rear carrier, I followed suite.

I ordered the Jardine Mini Steel Backrest w/Standard Pad and fashioned mounting brackets. You have to drill holes in the rear carrier. It's not as bad as you might think and they are several ways to come up with suitable mounts,

The Honda rack is expensive but I took advantage of a 20% acessories sale at my local dealer. Then I waited a few weeks. :s

I don't understand why the rack is $275 list in the US and a lot more in other countries. You can get one from a Japanese supplier such as Webike or Samurider for about $190 plus shipping.

I got the K&H seat and Chic Design Road Comet cowl from Samurider. More than a few forum members have done the same. Do a search and you'll get lots of results. K&H offers many styles and heights. They are top-of-the-line and very expensive at around $700 including shipping (and a 5 to 6 week wait). But don't dispair - lots of other excellent seat choices are available at significantly lower costs.

The Chic Design cowl is offered in several options and you can save big money by skipping on the stripes.

Good luck on the mods. Spend some more time on the forum and you'll see a lot of awesome, extensively modified CB1100s.
 
Thanks. Your reply and info are much appreciated.
Romo
Lemme know if you come across tank knee pads.
Like your cafe look
 
Back
Top