Check Torque on Exhaust Pipe

CIP57_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I disassembled my exhaust system last evening. Three of the eight nuts where a touch more than hand tight. Maybe its just mine but I would get out your torque wrench for a quick check. The torque value is 15 lbf-ft
 
Cip against forum rules to post copyrighted pics. Please delete but feel free to post the values if you type them out.
 
Thank you sir. I made the same error on my "Recommended shift points" thread and had to delete my own photo of the manual. Also gave my self one warning point. At 3 points I am no longer qualified to be a moderator. lol

BTW some others found the same thing last year, loose header nuts.
 
Might this not explain some of the unusual noises some have remarked on? Nothing like a loose exhaust system to make weird noises.
 
Red Mist_imp said:
Might this not explain some of the unusual noises some have remarked on? Nothing like a loose exhaust system to make weird noises.
A similar complaint of strange noises on the Triumph 1050 forum was traced to loose exhaust systems.
 
A couple of mine were loose when i pulled the headers. I think this issue may be fairly common from what I've seen on this forum.
 
They get loose sometimes on new stuff from the expanding & contracting of the parts.Once you snug them up for the first time they should be GTG..Kinda like on new mag wheels they tell you to check the lugnuts after the first 100 miles or so...:thumbsup:
 
One or two very slightly loose. All OK now. Thanks.
 
Back
Top