Check out my tank project

Thread starter
EgAlvarez, that's really what I'm going for...the extra long fender and black side panels (most likely from over racing)...only problem is...I want the yoshimura full system one day and the long fender is not suppose to fit with the yosh pipe...

Papa, Craig thinks there won't be a problem with matching side covers although I'm doing them at different times...but yeah...next is the side covers...

Razor, have you had Craig do work for you in the past? I found his add in the back of the cafe racer mag...
 
brougham79_imp said:
EgAlvarez, that's really what I'm going for...the extra long fender and black side panels (most likely from over racing)...only problem is...I want the yoshimura full system one day and the long fender is not suppose to fit with the yosh pipe...

Papa, Craig thinks there won't be a problem with matching side covers although I'm doing them at different times...but yeah...next is the side covers...

Razor, have you had Craig do work for you in the past? I found his add in the back of the cafe racer mag...
Craig did the CB750 & CB175 tank and side covers.
 
That looks really good! I bet you get a lot of double takes with that tank. The bike looks like an old 750!
 
Very cool. I like it. Think I'd have to do the sidecovers too though
 
Thread starter
thanks all! the side covers are next! Do you think I should go with the white house k10 side covers or the new aluminum ones on samurider?
 
Geez, mate, I nearly had a stroke when I saw the second picture. Took me a while to realize it was a reflection of the car's wheel not a bloody great dent!

Tank looks great, but the side covers need to change. :(
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Geez, mate, I nearly had a stroke when I saw the second picture. Took me a while to realize it was a reflection of the car's wheel not a bloody great dent!

Tank looks great, but the side covers need to change. :(
LOL, I had to zoom in to see that it was that reflection and not a dent!
 
Thread starter
Jf coastal: it cost around 800.00, of course I purchased another tank that had dents in it that needed repair and the badge holes filled. It will vary depending on the shape of it. FYI, I do have a tank available for sale in the classifieds...Dark blue would be nice! If interested contact precisionmotorcyclepainting.com (craig is very experienced in motorcycle painting, particularly cg's)

I caught myself garage gazing there for a minute after arriving back from work lol!

Side covers are next on the menu, debating on which ones to purchase from takashi...then it's on to either exhaust or long front fender...suggestions are surely welcomed!
 
Back
Top