Check out my tank project

brougham79_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Just wanted to share with you fine folks the work Craig @ precisionmotorcyclepainting.com is doing:

(Before)Purchased from ebay pics:



Prep for paint. Craig, filled in the badge holes and the dent on the left front side:


Final paint of tank in black pearl with gold pin striping:



I have more photos if interested. I thought it an alternative to the whitehouse k10 tank for sale at samurider (plus having to purchase the k10 seat) at about a grand less than the price.
 
Are you doing the side covers as well?
 
Thread starter
Ferret, I'm torn between the over racing side panels and just sending mine in. Of course cost is a factor and the over racing side panels are aluminum (I believe) vs. plastic.

Ferrealls, $810 plus shipping, (I paid $65 additional for the badges from ebay). About 9 hrs for $90 per hour, of course the tank I purchased had a ding in it and he filled the badge holes so it depends on the condition of the tank.
 
Thread starter
Thank you, Craig showed me this example too...and I'd have to say that I'd be tempted to go this route if I hadn't committed to the black.
 
They're both lovely.
 
Wow, that's amazing. Talk about going "classic" all the way! Can't wait to see that on the bike.
I think I'd have to go for matching side covers, too...
 
Back
Top