Chasing Color again

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
another fall brings another opportunity to chase some color. It's what we do here in the northern climes when it changes from the greys of winter to the greens of summer to the palate of colors, yellow, orange, red, brown and green) available to us in the fall. One of the reasons some of us can't live in so Cal or AZ as we would miss this yearly event.

So this morning I was "winterizing" my lawn tractor, and prepping my "snow blower" which I am giving to my son after picking up a Rancher ATV with snow plow for clearing this winters dandruff off the drive (no more walking for this old man!) Needing a quart of 5W30 for the snowblower was a perfect excuse to go color searching while picking up the oil. I know I could have gotten the oil 2 miles away at the service station instead of the 58 mile round trip I took to get it, but where's the fun in that?

Here's some of todays pics



[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/CB%20ride%20Oct%2020%202015%20007_zps37zjfovq.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/CB%20ride%20Oct%2020%202015%20010_zps5ddly8kn.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/CB%20ride%20Oct%2020%202015%20012_zpsn21cg81m.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/CB%20ride%20Oct%2020%202015%20013_zpspxjuzee6.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/CB%20ride%20Oct%2020%202015%20017_zps06pchaxm.jpg.html]

Beautiful...is it not?



.
 
Nice. We're starting to get a little color here, a mixture of bright yellow fall flowers and the sweet gum and red maples starting to turn.
 
Fabulous, Ferret. One of my regrets about moving north in Australia (yes, I know it's the wrong way round for you Yanks) is the loss of the beauties of autumn and spring.
 
Great photos Ferret and I did a little color chasing yesterday afternoon myself. Enjoying these late October warm weather days. The weather will be changing.
 
Got out this morning and snapped this at the power line cut near home.

9510d21d70d65ed96dd6fafd35038973.jpg


29f12ab90d496cb733c2db740d9db908.jpg
 
Nice pictures everyone!

To continue the hijack, here's a picture taken today in Southern PA. Trees are just starting to turn down here.

dbb3f20e6fa760ca2e1d4eeee499fd10.jpg
 
A warm front delivered us today sunny 18°C. So I took the chance to go out, to chase some color too.

However, it's nearly too late. 2 weeks earlier it was even more bright and colorful. Leave is falling already...

9690b30c5c9996f53e541a1b60343cc0.jpg


c42f6651f2aea369ac05748b31ddbe5a.jpg


bf5c232f161845a974c65848a8ce6b13.jpg


5760df8ee2876bcb6c26f4bec07b7ed4.jpg
 
Thread starter
Third picture down captures it brilliantly Django. Btw how is the sheep pad working out?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Third picture down captures it brilliantly Django. Btw how is the sheep pad working out?
When getting it, I was a little bit surprised, that it's just fitted with one belt to the seat and the inner side is just pure skin.

But then, it stays in position quite good, looks cool, a little bit like a saddle, is comfortable and warm at more decent temperatures, we had here the last week. I also saw frost at the lawn in the morning already.

However, my leather trousers are a little bit sleek on the sheepskin and I feel not so much connected to the bike.

I will ride it on longer trips and in the cold. But when I want to go more ambitious, I will remove it, to have more direct contact to the motorcycle.
 
Nice autumn photos, Django and also nice saddlebags.
I know what I'm writing about.;)

Today I also enjoyed the friendly weather in the north of Germany
on my W800, but didn't took any photos. When I see yours, I think it's too bad,
that I didn't took my camera out on the trip with me.

Wisedrum
 
I just got back from a trip with my wife in the Knoxville area this weekend. I was not on the bike but the colors in the Smokies were unbelievable.
Django nice pictures!
 
That's one thing I really miss about life east of the Mississippi. The fall colors...everyone should experience them once, in early October, in the Great Lakes. Perhaps the Smoky Mountains, too, although I don't know them.

Colorado...California...Texas...Montana...you don't get the colors. Here, in the valley, settled a hundred years with lots of irrigated, transplanted maples, there's a little bit of it...but not the dramatic reds and full golden canopies you get over there. There's some yellow from the aspens; and splotches of color from the birches in some regions...and that's about it.

I was in Wisconsin for a quick trip a month ago, but it was too soon. Temperatures were just starting to come down; everything was still green. My loss.
 
Great pictures all. :)

Django, are most roads in Germany in such great shape? In New England, many roads are less than ideal due to winter frost heaves and neglect.
 
Back
Top