chain maintenance injury

DJS_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
while cleaning the chain on the ER6N my thumb got caught between the chain and rear sprocket.
 
Thanks for sharing. :rolleyes: :P
 
That's a double ouch! :(
 
Wow were you lucky. I know a guy who got a stubby doing that on his RM125.
 
Thread starter
i was hand turning the wheel on a harbour freight wheel roller and was also wearing mechanic gloves.
 
ahhh ..... his was running.
 
I just read and commented on JF Coastal's post about his crash and resulting road rash. Now this! What's next?! Cormanus is going to stub his toe on his center stand?? I've got to find a safer hobby!
 
I also know someone who lost part of a finger this way. You're lucky, it only takes an instant to crush a finger with that size chain and the weight of the rear wheel, even hand-turning it.

Some blokes think they can save time by putting it in gear on the mainstand and idling it in first gear. Not a good plan.
 
Yeah...my sprocket bite happened in early October. Looked about the same as DJS's. I think the old nail will finally fall off this week.
 
Back
Top