Chain lube

I remembered to turn it off while hauling in the back of the truck. I did forget to turn it on the first day riding...... Oops. :D
 
Rboe_imp said:
I remembered to turn it off while hauling in the back of the truck. I did forget to turn it on the first day riding...... Oops. :D
I put a label on my GPS: "CHECK TUTORO" :D
 
Stichill_imp said:
The Tutoro chain oiler acquitted itself nicely during my Utah ride on dusty, sandy gravel and dirt roads.

Note clean rollers and wetted O-rings:
d74644c8b71e18ab016d72a48b8ce78b.jpg


4982d17ef223bb0e40d061045577a5f4.jpg


8ff609105a43833358a1c7f471658595.jpg


Back home after a quick wipe-down with chain cleaner:
30cc1a3968651b022087c72bd381e571.jpg


Oil use during 1200 miles, with about 100 miles on washboarded gravel roads:
391746b5162f2d71106c9abba1ec96f1.jpg
I've never used one. Interested.
What kind of oil do you use in the reservoir?
 
Tutoro offers a selection of two oils: Normal and Hot Weather recipes.

I currently use 5W40 full synthetic general motor oil, and never conventional.
 
Rboe' pid='296084' dateline='1620755332 said:
I am looking at your 2nd pic here: on a very hot day, may be while you stop for a coffee in Phoenix in July, the end of this little blue tube may give more to gravity then you imagined. Back on the road, caught between chain and sprocket, it may take you for a “ride” of the unexpected kind.
 
So far (knock on wood) the only problem - the hose came off the reservoir once. Might have to clamp it. Other bits are holding well. But since you brought it up I'll keep an eye on it just in case.
 
Back
Top