chain lube.. "fluid film"

Chuckk_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Never heard of it. Sounds interesting. It is available at Canadian Tire. One reviewer said:

" ★★★★★ 5 out of 5 stars. Fluid · 5 years ago
Fluid Film
I bought a can of this after I heard on my motorcycle site that most of the members used this to lubricate their chains and that it not only lasted longer, stopped rust and repelled that black soot that accumulates on the chain and sprocket I gave it a try.

I have never been happier with this product my motorcycle chain still looks brand new and the sprocket is like the day it was purchased.

Really Good Stuff "

- - -

Overall it appears to get very good to excellent reviews.
 
Thread starter
I have read lots of favorable reviews on it, but yours was the only one that mentioned motorcycle chains specifically .. I'm thinking I will try it.. first thing will be to clean my chain .. that will be ugly .. :s
 
I am curious , not only for the the C B , but for the other uses that it’s manufactures imply. Only need to find a place to purchase it .
 
Besides other stuff I use fluid film for several parts of the motorbikes as a protection surface but not for the chain drive. Maybe fluid film will ruin the O-X-rings. I will not find it out. So I use a special chain spray for these kind of chains as WD40 chain wax for the Bullet DID chain and different sprays for the other bikes.

Wisedrum
 
Chuckk_imp said:
has anyone used "fluid film" on their chain ? .. "O" and "X" ring chains have their own internal lubrication and oiling a chain mainly keeps it from rusting.. in my view .. a friend of mine told me how much he really likes its properties, so I thought, I would get your opinions ..

chuckk ..
FLUID FILM | Powerful Corrosion Protection & Lubrication
FLUID FILM | Powerful Corrosion Protection & Lubrication
Check this stuff out.. a friend swears by it.. lowes has it..
Chain lube on a sealed chain protects the chain from rust and it also lubricates the roller to sprocket contact areas.
 
Thread starter
it was my understanding, most external lubes were thrown of by centrifugal force within minutes of use.. did everyone see that video comparison by.. force nine ? I think that was the name of his program and products.. maybe someone has the link ..
 
m in sc_imp said:
to be honest, ive been using maxima chain wax for years. never an issue, o ring and non o ring. got 33k out of my sv chain. was actually still good when i replaced it, just had been on there for ever, and that was a VERY hard 33k.

i linked to the vid on the post above yours.
This...^^^ I used fluid film after being Harley Davidsoned by how great it was, however, what I found was it caused the fasteners on my cage to corrode faster. It's as though after it dried, it concentrated the salt against the fastener.

Unlike the Maxima chain wax sprayed fasteners; they showed no signs of corrosion. I now only use Maxima chain lube/wax on my bikes and cars. I even used the chain lube on my heater fan and it made it run quiet and smooth again and is holding up extremely well.
 
Welcome aboard the forum, Wheelhorse. Are you a CB1100 rider, or looking for one?
 
Wheelhorse_imp said:
m in sc_imp said:
to be honest, ive been using maxima chain wax for years. never an issue, o ring and non o ring. got 33k out of my sv chain. was actually still good when i replaced it, just had been on there for ever, and that was a VERY hard 33k.

i linked to the vid on the post above yours.
This...^^^ I used fluid film after being Harley Davidsoned by how great it was, however, what I found was it caused the fasteners on my cage to corrode faster. It's as though after it dried, it concentrated the salt against the fastener.

Unlike the Maxima chain wax sprayed fasteners; they showed no signs of corrosion. I now only use Maxima chain lube/wax on my bikes and cars. I even used the chain lube on my heater fan and it made it run quiet and smooth again and is holding up extremely well.
Interesting. Thanks for the insight Wheelhorse - and Welcome to the Forum!
 
Back
Top