Chain difference 2013-2014.

Hittheroad_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I was lubing the chains on my CB's today and I noticed they were different. What are yours like? My 14 says Japan on it but not my 13.

2013
06d06be46d3436e4f9b115d531e437f2.jpg


2014 DLX
169984108be14b31708b3998c4ba725d.jpg




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Not exactly on topic, but I'm very impressed with the quality of the OEM chain my '13 came with. I'm coming up on 10k miles and its still like new. There were some comments early on here that Honda over-sized it, maybe that has something to do with it.

Does the '14 chain have 110 links?
 
Bigger chains rob power the 79 cbx came stock with a 620 chain the 80 model came stock with a 530 chain. Everyone now uses the 530 chain on the 79 cbx even thou the 79 had more HP than any other cbx made! Chains now days are a lot stronger.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Not exactly on topic, but I'm very impressed with the quality of the OEM chain my '13 came with. I'm coming up on 10k miles and its still like new. There were some comments early on here that Honda over-sized it, maybe that has something to do with it.

Does the '14 chain have 110 links?
I wouldn't call a 530 chain oversized for this size bike. Most of my older 750s came stock with 530 chains. I was actually surprised when I found out that my '93 CB750 sported a 525 chain. In the old days even midsized bikes like the CB550 and KZ550 had 530 chains.
 
My chain didn't look that clean sitting on the showroom floor. Certainly hasn't looked as good since lol
 
Chain is a commodity item. I suspect they put it out to bid and happened to get a different supplier.
 
Back
Top