chain cover and other questions

baxtercat_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Hello People. New to the forum--just purchased a 2013 ABS with 5 miles on the clock. I'd like to make a few mods right away, and could use your collective wisdom. So...

1. the chair cover on the left side of the 2103--just behind crankcase/stator over--is black plastic. In pictures of the 2104 and DLX model this appears to be raw aluminum, not plastic. Is it, and are the parts interchangeable?
2. the OEM Honda accessory chrome covers for the instruments look nice. are they chromed steel or chromed plastic?
3. not such a fan of the steel headers. Does anyone make a double-walled chromed-steel replacement for the 2013 4-into-1?

Sorry if this information is posted elsewhere--my searches didn't produce it.

Thanks for any help.
 
Thread starter
Welcome, Baxtercat!

While there are a lot of options for replacement headers, I haven't seen any double wall chrome ones. Most are stainless or titanium alloys, which would have basically the same issues with discoloration.

The aluminum countershaft sprocket cover from the 14 DLX has been fitted to the '13 model by a few forum members. There should be a few threads about it. As I recall, the holes were slightly different and one of the three bolts didn't line up. The guys that did the conversion said that two bolts were sufficient to hold the cover on, and the third hole was filled with a cutoff bolt head for appearences.

Enjoy your new CB! I was kind of surprised that you found a basically new '13 ABS model. I remember that these were quite sought after in '13 and sold out well before the non-ABS models.

Edit : Here's a thread about the sprocket cover from Chip Beck. He and a few other members fabbed a small bridge to utilize all three bolts.

Chip Beck Spec Aluminum Sprocket Cover Install On '13 CB11's.
 
Thread starter
Flynrider_imp said:
Welcome, Baxtercat!

While there are a lot of options for replacement headers, I haven't seen any double wall chrome ones. Most are stainless or titanium alloys, which would have basically the same issues with discoloration.

The aluminum countershaft sprocket cover from the 14 DLX has been fitted to the '13 model by a few forum members. There should be a few threads about it. As I recall, the holes were slightly different and one of the three bolts didn't line up. The guys that did the conversion said that two bolts were sufficient to hold the cover on, and the third hole was filled with a cutoff bolt head for appearences.

Enjoy your new CB! I was kind of surprised that you found a basically new '13 ABS model. I remember that these were quite sought after in '13 and sold out well before the non-ABS models.

Edit : Here's a thread about the sprocket cover from Chip Beck. He and a few other members fabbed a small bridge to utilize all three bolts.

Chip Beck Spec Aluminum Sprocket Cover Install On '13 CB11's.
wonderful, flynn. exactly the info I was looking for. thanks!
 
Back
Top