Central Oregon on my KLR650

Pdedse, good stuff...looks like you are on a diet while your KLR is gas thirsty.
Enjoy your beautiful journey to its max :thumbsup:
 
neat trip. 3rd pic down is gorgeous. 4th pic classic.

Don't think I could do vegetarian chili though lol
 
Thread starter
Day 2 photos...
4fba1308af0cda9040d27fd7b0bcfaf6.jpg


South of Prineville Reservoir on hiway 27; hazy sky from forest fires:
da09ce125587d008773ec1583cdecdde.jpg

1d6e74f456d07128e691bad3000bc7fd.jpg


Campsite area:
6530948afe667879eeb87dabd6515a0a.jpg

fef40a1d9f857ecd00a7a0d215062d35.jpg

dc1428041f7746557c5be98fe82c4a45.jpg


Actual tree I camped under:
9fc2760cd789afa519774a94bd966dd0.jpg

The ferret_imp said:
neat trip. 3rd pic down is gorgeous. 4th pic classic.

Don't think I could do vegetarian chili though lol
I've kind of given up meat little by little over the years. As a kid I remember just feeling exasperated when they'd plop down a big steak in front of me. Then all of red meat after working closey with slaughterhouses. Then fish would give me issues...now even chicken and turkey taste all too often like I imagine road kill to taste. Not against meat from a moral standpoint...I just "undeveloped" a taste for it. Eggs, cheese...still good!
 
pdedse_imp said:
Day 2 photos...
4fba1308af0cda9040d27fd7b0bcfaf6.jpg


South of Prineville Reservoir on hiway 27; hazy sky from forest fires:
da09ce125587d008773ec1583cdecdde.jpg

1d6e74f456d07128e691bad3000bc7fd.jpg


Campsite area:
6530948afe667879eeb87dabd6515a0a.jpg

fef40a1d9f857ecd00a7a0d215062d35.jpg

dc1428041f7746557c5be98fe82c4a45.jpg


Actual tree I camped under:
9fc2760cd789afa519774a94bd966dd0.jpg

The ferret_imp said:
neat trip. 3rd pic down is gorgeous. 4th pic classic.

Don't think I could do vegetarian chili though lol
I've kind of given up meat little by little over the years. As a kid I remember just feeling exasperated when they'd plop down a big steak in front of me. Then all of red meat after working closey with slaughterhouses. Then fish would give me issues...now even chicken and turkey taste all too often like I imagine road kill to taste. Not against meat from a moral standpoint...I just "undeveloped" a taste for it. Eggs, cheese...still good!


Well heck, might as well get you off of the chicken fetuses as well..

Cheese.. that's just cow's breast milk, no killing involved.

Maybe an occasional goat, sheep, buffalo, or other..

Who doesn't like cheese? Soo many varieties. Soo good.
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
Day 2 photos...
4fba1308af0cda9040d27fd7b0bcfaf6.jpg


South of Prineville Reservoir on hiway 27; hazy sky from forest fires:
da09ce125587d008773ec1583cdecdde.jpg

1d6e74f456d07128e691bad3000bc7fd.jpg


Campsite area:
6530948afe667879eeb87dabd6515a0a.jpg

fef40a1d9f857ecd00a7a0d215062d35.jpg

dc1428041f7746557c5be98fe82c4a45.jpg


Actual tree I camped under:
9fc2760cd789afa519774a94bd966dd0.jpg

The ferret_imp said:
neat trip. 3rd pic down is gorgeous. 4th pic classic.

Don't think I could do vegetarian chili though lol
I've kind of given up meat little by little over the years. As a kid I remember just feeling exasperated when they'd plop down a big steak in front of me. Then all of red meat after working closey with slaughterhouses. Then fish would give me issues...now even chicken and turkey taste all too often like I imagine road kill to taste. Not against meat from a moral standpoint...I just "undeveloped" a taste for it. Eggs, cheese...still good!


Well heck, might as well get you off of the chicken fetuses as well..

Cheese.. that's just cow's breast milk, no killing involved.

Maybe an occasional goat, sheep, buffalo, or other..

Who doesn't like cheese? Soo many varieties. Soo good.
Haha...like I said, it ain't no moral thing with me--I've never tried to convince anyone to not eat meat. If people want to buy packaged meat from grocery, butcher, hunt, fish...it's all good. OK, seeing, smelling how IBP (now Tyson I believe) processes animals, I'll admit that got to me a bit. But it was more the smell. Then when I'd see hamburger I'd smell IBP and lose my appetite for it, that's all. It was simply a personal turnoff.

Now chicken fetuses...they simply taste good! And cow's milk? No problem with liquid, solid forms. I'd hate to think of life w/out "Cheese, we'll go somewhere where there's cheese"
 
great pics.

Im about the pickiest eater you will find, but I kinda swing the other way..veggies are not on my favorites list. lol
 
Thread starter
Day 3 photos
Morning
5cf6a2a7cd135118ba7712bcf67e14a2.jpg

38c79f2ad9c037d2c35ca22262e26c3c.jpg


b10f49125ef96d84e7988aca31035d03.jpg

Hiway 20 heading towards Riley
14870e0d2e57d01df172bc7c100320f1.jpg

a99f2f7453856cba83c09a05eb162408.jpg


On the way to Lake Delintment
abe43af5a66a210772ac74c3a0123b0f.jpg

6be153799f9ca9bc7a2574fe1ee03854.jpg

5307155757297b7d9c9b33aa2b4e4064.jpg

ed7c556a33ab73661ce42cf213a55498.jpg

ade7ee16106477ea73ba9a079f45cc5f.jpg
 
Great shots pdedse. That’s a reasonable sized snake.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Great shots pdedse. That’s a reasonable sized snake.
Thanks, I'd say he was only a meter plus long...but I got about that close to him and lady friend before we saw each other. We were quite civil to each other, just a slight quick rattle to let me know that I had invaded his "covid space".
 
Thread starter
Next Day
2ab41fb42ab62c1135cf999547495f8a.jpg

4a5ec426ff9cb64711ea6074a6baacdd.jpg

356982c0679bc9445c8aa798424b3774.jpg

289bfbb95e83dfb9da37aeed61c98297.jpg


Turn left after the sheep! Head towards Dayville
570d6d4e59739bd0af90cabad121035b.jpg

b860636ae499d7a094ed3567094cbd77.jpg

0a5fbb2e792af34e9472705e7cecbcf0.jpg

c4e47418bea94cf1e7d555dd8260a0cd.jpg

752b50b9bb4f75236ba1af98abb4c91a.jpg


1/2 way through a fun 30 miles dirt / rock road following the S. Fork stream
 
Pdedse, are you sure how to come back home???, we can send our rescue team :)
Pics are great!
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
Pdedse, are you sure how to come back home???, we can send our rescue team :)
Pics are great!
Yes, please send rescue team...fire rescue...pics soon.
The stream that attracts all the attention
a7b8df8e32b40942d7f4ac5241effd94.jpg

0a36dd577ef46c9b973e87594fdcab57.jpg

0ab562f39b7496228f9b9b2d9e16dd61.jpg

I was told to follow the water downhill, couldn't get lost
c513bb3ce15be0266ef05410c85980c5.jpg

f887e1b3a219a541d3868288d81d99d3.jpg

9a854f161c1abb05d873c4fb2fffb650.jpg

b9dbafb21a4781c85d9ef1088bc22e64.jpg

245333e927b31701b892160aba1d57e8.jpg
fdb6de47564c49c123916cd970de86e9.jpg
 
Geez, that's dry. Looks like Australia.
 
Perfect place for a bike like that!
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Geez, that's dry. Looks like Australia.
13 inches average rainfall per year in this area. Dry is good in my book...the left side of the state folks get all the rain...which is where I live....hence, this trip.

:cool: :biker:
The ferret_imp said:
Perfect place for a bike like that!
Yes, agreed, I wanted a bit more off road on this trip, but I did all right.
 
Thread starter
Gettin' there! Leaving the canyon area and just before Dayville
e47548f847535854a75788883d041008.jpg


John Day Fossil area:
61b7b99760826663932293aa00b3d1dd.jpg

On the way to Spray
7d8d68f11afdbfe4084ae07c9ef2c5a2.jpg

Take a dip in the John Day River
b0f728ae38bb4794b1a7ce3045303b94.jpg

3ae93f0cadb25907da52a90257a6bede.jpg


On to Fossil
30daa64333d1920faaac38b6dd722b59.jpg

Between Fossil and Antelope
cfbb8a2b827e245580036f86b222cb6c.jpg

94a4db43adb9eec272ce0ca773009744.jpg
 
Back
Top