Center stand mod for Yoshimura system

Razor

Been there
Thread starter
Purchased a Yoshimura full system for my 2014 Std. Left the center stand off because the spring return is in the center versus the side on the 2013 models. Some have cut the adapter plate and made it work. Thought I'd try to reuse the stand by making an extension off the pivot rod & exhaust bracket/hanger.

Here's some pics
Machined a piece that goes into the center stand pivot rod. Welded it to a piece of 1/4" x 3/4" flat stock, bent around in a "U". It'll make more sense later.
a657938218fe44c5d66b3a6fbcafa7e5.jpg


Extension piece made from 1/4" x 3/4".
1896990c8704f8bb5bbad67c7ef77a8e.jpg


Aluminum spacer. Cut the rubber sleeve. Really tight fit.
b575c7588f587ec221e278066605c235.jpg


Series of photos showing how everything came together
6e3a23e50b8b29faab84601776a57533.jpg


519302c36cdd2b71425faa23e9fd9099.jpg


23ba1fd9a0b05466c2019e42fa647e59.jpg


727b044e06395d545fcc2acb45bf3f1c.jpg


8e762db5c960cab82533ffb9ba14283e.jpg
 
Ingenuity at it's best. Way to go.
 
Looks like a business opportunity! Maybe a few guys on here will want one.

I sure would if I needed it.
 
I think this whole thread is a fabrication. :rofl:

i'll be here all week. don't forget to tip your waitresses.
 
Thread starter
Thanks, plan is to put a few miles and uses on the stand and make adjustments if needed. Then pull the two pieces off, clean them up & powder coat them.


EmptySea_imp said:
I think this whole thread is a fabrication. :rofl:

i'll be here all week. don't forget to tip your waitresses.
MT, you are correct my friend :D
 
They look pretty good now. Will look awesome powder coated!

You're killing me EmptySea :)
 
Exotica1_imp said:
RCVS exhaust comes with a new centerstand stop.
I called Yoshi USA and bought the centerstand stop for my 2014. My stand no longer rests on the swingarm. All is good with the world.
 
Back
Top