CBX Pictures

Houtman_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Here (hopefully) are 3 pictures of my 1979 CBX! I have recently put some Ohlins piggyback shocks on; these are fabulous. My goal is to put similar shocks on my CB1100.
 
Man that bike is cool. I've always wanted a CBX. I think the 1100 bears a strong resemblance, especially how they designed the narrow tank and frame so the engine hangs over.

If you don't mind, how did you come to own it, and what does a CBX in that condition go for?
 
Thread starter
At one time I owned 5 CBX ,79 red(2) 79 silver,80 black and 80 red.
When we moved from upstate NY I took a 79 and 80 CBX with me and aVF1000R and RC51.Since than I sold the VF1000R and RC 51 and bought a 94 and 95 CB1000 (GREAT bikes) When I bought the CB1100 in april I decided to sell my 80 CBX,which I owned for nearly 25 years and was in even better condition than my 79 CBX.I sold it 2 weeks ago via ebay ,buy now for $6250 with 21000 miles on it.I kept the 79 instead of the 80 as I like the silver wheels on the 79 better.The 80 rides a little better because of some small improvements on the frame.The Ohlins piggy back shocks are one of the best improvements on a bike,the tire follows the road better and much less stiction and a perfect improvement if you have a bad back.
 
Houtman all of those look to be the same picture.
 
VERY NICE. Was the 79 as clean as that 80? If so you gave it away.
 
Thread starter
skeeter5070_imp said:
Nice bike ....
Hi,the 80 CBX was cleaner than the 79 I kept,but I prefer the wheels of the 79 and the 79 is more collectable.80 rides better.The asking prices you see on ebay is not the selling price.Often people ask silly prices for the early CBX models but they do not sell for that.I have been a member of the USA CBX club since 1988,a great club with great people and a lot of know how about the CBX .The later models are better riders and cheaper to buy but seem less desirable to collect than the earlier ones.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Man that bike is cool. I've always wanted a CBX. I think the 1100 bears a strong resemblance, especially how they designed the narrow tank and frame so the engine hangs over.

If you don't mind, how did you come to own it, and what does a CBX in that condition go for?
I agree, you can really see the influences. One of the main attractions of the CB11 for me is it's a MOTOR-cycle!
 
Gentlemen,

If Honda stopped selling the CB1100 (I think it will be available for at least another year after Honda went through the hassle of U.S. certification and emissions), they could assuage my dismay by bringing out a new retro bike. The 2015 Honda CBX1200 6 cylinder naked bike. Oh God would I love that. The early model, naked CBX's are the most desirable vintage Hondas IMO.

Chip
 
ChipBeck_imp said:
Gentlemen,

If Honda stopped selling the CB1100 (I think it will be available for at least another year after Honda went through the hassle of U.S. certification and emissions), they could assuage my dismay by bringing out a new retro bike. The 2015 Honda CBX1200 6 cylinder naked bike. Oh God would I love that. The early model, naked CBX's are the most desirable vintage Hondas IMO.

Chip
That would not be good Chip. I 'd be forced to dip into retirement savings...again. :cool:
 
I love the CBX as far as looks go. Haven't had the opportunity to try to ride one.
I have heard that they are big and heavy, so I don't know if it would feel right, but man that is a good looking bike anyway. No, a GREAT looking bike!
 
Back
Top