CB's are over populating Richmond Virginia!

EGAlvarez_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Every second Sunday morning of the month, Richmond motorcycle riders gather at a local pub named "Poe's" (aka: Edgar Allen Poe) for breakfast, motorcycle conversation and riding with friends. The pub is near Poe's childhood home and a block from the Poe Museum. Being that I had just installed my new Road Comet fairing last night, I wanted to ride and show off my CB.

http://www.poemuseum.org/about.php

Being that is has been a very warm December, we had a really nice turnout this morning. This event is always more of a "motorcycle enthusiast" gathering opposed to a "black leather" biker gathering. Today we had several Triumphs, Buell's, Ducati's, BMW's Moto Guzzi's, some Japanese sport bikes/classics, a very exotic MV, some KTM's, a gorgeous 1982 Honda CB1000 Custom, and my CB1100.

It was my first time showing up in the CB and boy did she draw some stares. I was very surprised to see that there was already a CB standard in the parking lot. Immediately, about five guys walked over to admire her and bombard me with questions. Many compliments were made about the two CB's.

About ten minutes later a THIRD CB showed up, another standard. Those two CB's were only the second and third CB's I have ever seen in the wild. The first was Bob's bike when we met for lunch. It was neat seeing those bikes today! I really look forward to the rally next year when I hope to see many more CB's "in the wild" and get to appreciate what you all have done to your bikes!

Take care,
Eddy



 
Very nice mix of bikes. As a literature major I enjoyed the link to the Poe museum..I had a good bath in his poetry and short stories. The flow of his poetry is to me like music. (what did I do with an English major and a liberal arts degree? Well, what would you expect? I became a computer geek for a good while starting in 1962 and finished my career as a management consultant with IBM.) But I digress..Have not personally seen many CBs of any vintage around these parts...I did talk with another CB1100 owner while looking at the CB1100 that I ended up buying some months later...I know he lives around here somewhere and might one day see him again.

Biking is so nice a pastime and the kind of wheels don't matter so much so long as there are two, and for some, three.
 
Thread starter
Oldman59_imp said:
Dang wish I had known of this gathering place! Could have added my CB to the mix!
Catbird_imp said:
Oldman59_imp said:
Dang wish I had known of this gathering place! Could have added my CB to the mix!
Me too.
Me too.
Put a reminder in your phone to meet at Poe's on the second Sunday of every month. Everyone starts rolling in around 9-9:30 for breakfast. We kick tires and talk bikes until around 11:00 and then most go ride or head home. It would be neat to have several CB's show up! I know the area well and would be happy to lead you on a scenic ride around Richmond. Unfortunately, the next gathering will probably be in March or April.

I'll send you a reminder in the Spring.
 
EGAlvarez_imp said:
Oldman59_imp said:
Dang wish I had known of this gathering place! Could have added my CB to the mix!
Catbird_imp said:
Oldman59_imp said:
Dang wish I had known of this gathering place! Could have added my CB to the mix!
Me too.
Me too.
Put a reminder in your phone to meet at Poe's on the second Sunday of every month. Everyone starts rolling in around 9-9:30 for breakfast. We kick tires and talk bikes until around 11:00 and then most go ride or head home. It would be neat to have several CB's show up! I know the area well and would be happy to lead you on a scenic ride around Richmond. Unfortunately, the next gathering will probably be in March or April.

I'll send you a reminder in the Spring.
Catbird_imp said:
Oldman59_imp said:
Dang wish I had known of this gathering place! Could have added my CB to the mix!
Me too.
Me too.
Put a reminder in your phone to meet at Poe's on the second Sunday of every month. Everyone starts rolling in around 9-9:30 for breakfast. We kick tires and talk bikes until around 11:00 and then most go ride or head home. It would be neat to have several CB's show up! I know the area well and would be happy to lead you on a scenic ride around Richmond. Unfortunately, the next gathering will probably be in March or April.

I'll send you a reminder in the Spring.

Cool! BTW I live in Powhatan County

Larre
 
I saw a CB with a large plastic fairing heading south on 7th Street last week down here in Phoenix. Took me by surprise. They are kinda rare. Moto Guzzi Griso's are supposed to be rare but it's a rare day when only one shows up for our Sunday coffee BS session. We've had as many as 6.
 
Teamwalker_imp said:
Catbird_imp said:
I'm up in the Fredericksburg area -- maybe an hour or so north of Richmond.
Where are you located in Fburg? I am just outside "historic Fredericksburg" near Shannon airport.
Where are you located in Fburg? I am just outside "historic Fredericksburg" near Shannon airport.
PM sent with answer to your question.
 
Thread starter
Awesome! I can see where this is headed with all of the Virginia riders! I will plan a CB gathering in Richmond so that the NoVa guys and the Hampton Roads guys have the chance to come along. Stay tuned...Any other Virginia riders?

EGAlvarez: Chester
Oldman59: Powhatan
Catbird: Fredericksburg
TeamWalker: Fredericksburg
InhouseBob
EarsOnWheels: DC Area
Southwend: Keysville
janitor: NOVA
 
Rboe_imp said:
I saw a CB with a large plastic fairing heading south on 7th Street last week down here in Phoenix. Took me by surprise. They are kinda rare. Moto Guzzi Griso's are supposed to be rare but it's a rare day when only one shows up for our Sunday coffee BS session. We've had as many as 6.
Wasn't me :D I didn't get my winter Plexistar mounted until Sunday. I see plenty of older CBs running around town, but still haven't seen another CB1100 on the road.
 
I am in deepest darkest Virginia teaching school, grew up in Annandale, moved to Lorton, Fredericksburg (also near shannon airport) then King George. Along the way 4 boys appeared. Raising them on small farm in Keysville Va. I kid you not, the county has no stoplights, just 360 and backroads.
One hour from Chesterfield via 360.
 
EGAlvarez_imp said:
Awesome! I can see where this is headed with all of the Virginia riders! I will plan a CB gathering in Richmond so that the NoVa guys and the Hampton Roads guys have the chance to come along. Stay tuned...Any other Virginia riders?

EGAlvarez: Chester
Oldman59: Powhatan
Catbird: Fredericksburg
TeamWalker: Fredericksburg
InhouseBob
EarsOnWheels: DC Area
Southwend: Keysville
janitor: NOVA
EG, I'm in West Springfield. Love to get together again. Any time it's above 45 degrees!
 
Thread starter
Thanks, I've updated the "Virginia CB1100 Riders" roster!

EGAlvarez: Chester
Oldman59: Powhatan
Catbird: Stafford
TeamWalker: Fredericksburg
InhouseBob: West Springfield
EarsOnWheels: DC Area
Southwend: Keysville
janitor: NOVA

How about a New Year's Day ride if the weather cooperates!? We could do a ride around Richmond or I could lead you all up great back roads towards Charlottesville for lunch and then every head home however they choose?
 
Back
Top