CB900C- oil on the left side engine

gmmy1515_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
Hello,

I was trying to investigate an annoying sound which I thought was from the starter engage gear on the left side of the engine. So I remove the cover by undoing the six 5/16" head bolt that holds the cover to the engine. I wasn't expecting oil in there but alas as soon as the cover was completely removed the oil started pouring.

Is it normal to have oil in there or is there something wrong with the engine? The motor runs tops though.

Thanks a lot in advance for any info regarding this.
 
Some of our members might know, but this forum is for the 2010-2017 CB1100.

Welcome though! I hope you get your answer.
 
pretty sure that's normal. whenever you see many bolts placed that close together, there's oil in thar!

take the stator cover for example, only 3 bolts about 3 inches apart if I recall correctly... no oil.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Some of our members might know, but this forum is for the 2010-2017 CB1100.

Welcome though! I hope you get your answer.
thanks for the warm welcome.
:D
jimgl353_imp said:
pretty sure that's normal. whenever you see many bolts placed that close together, there's oil in thar!

take the stator cover for example, only 3 bolts about 3 inches apart if I recall correctly... no oil.
 
Welcome gmmy1515. We're pretty friendly, even if you don't have a CB1100.
 
Back
Top