CB500F mirrors on the CB1100

chrisross_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
A buddy of mine bought a CB500F today. I had heard it's mirrors worked well on the 1100, so I took his off and put them on my bike. I found that not only were they more functional (wider allowing you to see more lane and less of your own shoulder) but they also looked better in my opinion. They are lower and the lines fit the bike well, IMO.

I didn't take any pictures but tomorrow I will swap them back over and take some, including a picture with one of each mirror on the bike.

So I went ahead and ordered some for my bike. Here's where you can get them:

http://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/51379948f870020e8cb07aa2/mirror

Note: you only need parts 2 and 3. All the other piece are shared between the 1100 and the 500F.

Great $80ish mod!
 
That's cool, but I don't have any problem seeing with the factory mirrors so I'm staying with them.
As Pterodactyl said, the retro look also suits the bike better.
But if the other mirrors help you to see better that's all that counts. Go for it and ride safe.
 
My CB1100(used) came with custom mirrors. They look good but decided to see if the stock mirrors from my NC700x would work. They did so I started looking on ProCaliber.com for stock Honda mirrors. The best price I found was on CB1000R mirrors. While checking several Honda bikes it appears Honda uses the same mirrors for many bikes. The only difference is price and parts number. Each part number has three sets of numbers. The first set is different(for different models) but the remaining numbers are the same. The CB1000R mirrors were $24.64 each. The mounting hardware was additional. Orders over $99 had free shipping so I bought a few things I would need and got the free shipping. Otherwise the mirrors and hardware would have cost ~$22 to ship.
 
I've got the CB500F mirrors on mine. Like you said, they show a much better picture of what's behind you, and I agree that they make the bike look better.
 
Might have to try a set if I can find an unattended CB500 parked somewhere :D

Personally I find the mirrors perfectly adequate. At least they don't blur or vibrate.

(I've owned some stinking bikes)
 
I am perfectly satisfied with the mirrors on this bike. You want bad mirrors? Try riding a 91-03 750 Nighthawk and tell me what you see in the mirrors. That was the worst part of an otherwise great bike.
 
In Timor-Leste people seem to think mirrors on bikes are a curse so they remove them.
 
thumper_imp said:
I've got the CB500F mirrors on mine. Like you said, they show a much better picture of what's behind you, and I agree that they make the bike look better.
Look better? That's like saying lipstick makes Lauren Bacall look better :) .

Cheers
 
Back
Top