cb400four vs cb1100

Nice vid, but be aware that it could get yanked for copyright violations because of the music. Unless you have express written consent from Evanescence then you may want to change it. Youtube has been cracking down on that stuff for the past few months.
 
Beautiful bike! Honda has been selling the naked standard CB400 Super Four for 20 years, except in North America. If I were to get another bike, that would be it. Perfect complement to the CB1100.

I pester American Honda at least once a year about bringing the CB400 here.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
Beautiful bike! Honda has been selling the naked standard CB400 Super Four for 20 years, except in North America. If I were to get another bike, that would be it. Perfect complement to the CB1100.

I pester American Honda at least once a year about bringing the CB400 here.

I did not know that. A CB550 would be nice but I would take a CB400 in a second. Love to have another Honda inline 4 in a standard.
 
Sweet !
That 400 motor is like a jewel.

I've almost forgotten the ritual of
1. Petcock On
2. Choke On
3. Start

(#3 is the only thing that I would have done differently. Showing the bike being kickstarted to life would complete the contrast between old and new)

(note: when I watched the video, YouTube put up an advertisement telling me where I could buy the music. So in this case, I guess 'borrowing' the music is just fine with them. The decision: 1. Issue Cease and Desist vs 2. Make an Advertisement out of it, is surely decided by an algorithm.. I'd sure like to know how the machine decides which action to take)
 
furious_blue_imp said:
Sweet !
That 400 motor is like a jewel.

I've almost forgotten the ritual of
1. Petcock On
2. Choke On
3. Start

(#3 is the only thing that I would have done differently. Showing the bike being kickstarted to life would complete the contrast between old and new)

(note: when I watched the video, YouTube put up an advertisement telling me where I could buy the music. So in this case, I guess 'borrowing' the music is just fine with them. The decision: 1. Issue Cease and Desist vs 2. Make an Advertisement out of it, is surely decided by an algorithm.. I'd sure like to know how the machine decides which action to take)
Interesting question. I wonder whether it's based on instructions from the copyright holder?
 
OldF7Guy_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
Beautiful bike! Honda has been selling the naked standard CB400 Super Four for 20 years, except in North America. If I were to get another bike, that would be it. Perfect complement to the CB1100.

I pester American Honda at least once a year about bringing the CB400 here.

I did not know that. A CB550 would be nice but I would take a CB400 in a second. Love to have another Honda inline 4 in a standard.
It's a great little bike. I've only got room for (and time to ride) two bikes. If Honda brought this here, I'd be willing to part with the Nighthawk 750 to make room.

CB400 Super Four
543e020bf064a914e1ac4a00f9852417.jpg
 
Thank you Chip for that video, I enjoyed. I owned a 1975 CB400F for many years, until a crash in 2001. The only difference between yours and mine was in the turn lights size : yours are quite large!
I had also a few accessories added:

e744e453f8a4cae9ba79db73f68f0ddd.jpg
 
Dame if it didn't have RLETs!
 
Always loved the 400-4. Sexiest header pipes ever made.
I cafe'd a '76 550-4 a few years ago, and have thought about getting another one, and keeping it bone stock this time. If only it had the 400's pipes!

 
See even Papa Weeley's cafe racer cb has em ... Well it looks like it has one of them lol
 
The ferret_imp said:
See even Papa Weeley's cafe racer cb has em ... Well it looks like it has one of them lol
Ha ha! I hadn't noticed that. My clutch lever was broken and had to be replaced with an aftermarket part - this pic was obviously taken before I matched them up!
Miss this little buzzbomb!
 
Is there a possibility of a fashion statement here? Sort of like which ear you have your earring in, assuming, of course, you have one. Mmmm. Which lever will I put the RLET on?
 
Back
Top