CB1140

Streetshark07_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Hi, I was just wondering if anybody's taken notice of the fact that the CB1100 actually has 1140 cc's of displacement for its engine and relabeled their bike to reflect this. I did something similar when I deemed it necessary to dub my 2004 Triumph SpeedMaster a "SpeedBasterd" and did so quite professionally with mailbox letters. I intend to put a little 4 on the Honda in the right spot as soon as I can find one the right size. I've attached what I did to make the SpeedBasterd the SpeedBasterd, I think it's kinda cool.:biker:
 
aa697e9ba7dd7a65e35e053849464ee4.png
 
Thread starter
SailorRider_imp said:
Thanks guys. I was going with what Bikez.com said in their specs. So now I know 42 is the right figure and if I find the right sized letters I know it will be a CB1142.

-StreetShark
 
Just an FYI, both Honda America and Japan websites list the engine displacement as 1140 CC.
 
So now we need to take the bore and stroke and run some numbers...
 
Verdecken_imp said:
quietguy_imp said:
I'll second that


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll second that


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What do all those dots mean anyway? They are in some of his other posts too.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Verdecken_imp said:
quietguy_imp said:
I'll second that


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll second that


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What do all those dots mean anyway? They are in some of his other posts too.
I don't know about this particular case, but for me they would represent what I wished that I had said under certain circumstances rather than what I actually had said, lol. Too bad such an option doesn't exist in actual conversation

In other words: ..... = nothing (or better left unsaid).
 
Guth_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Verdecken_imp said:
quietguy_imp said:
I'll second that


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll second that


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What do all those dots mean anyway? They are in some of his other posts too.
I don't know about this particular case, but for me they would represent what I wished that I had said under certain circumstances rather than what I actually had said, lol. Too bad such an option doesn't exist in actual conversation

In other words: ..... = nothing (or better left unsaid).
I don't know about this particular case, but for me they would represent what I wished that I had said under certain circumstances rather than what I actually had said, lol. Too bad such an option doesn't exist in actual conversation

In other words: ..... = nothing (or better left unsaid).
Yeah, that's exactly what I thought. Sort of signifies speechless.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I'm guessing he posted something and then tried to delete his comments. Since we can't delete posts on this forum, overwriting unwanted text with .... does the job.
 
Thread starter
Ok, I put in a couple requests for bids to get decals for this that aren't half-a**ed to put in the tens place, but in the meantime I got a couple fully half-a**ed mailbox almost fit numbers. Anybody have a preference as to white versus gold numbering?
 
For those that care and won't get a headache, the Formula is:
4 (cylinders) x PI (3.14159265359) x R x R (squared) x H
= 4 x 3.14159265359 x (73.5/2) x (73.5/2) x 67.2
= 1,140,496.151 cubic mm
= 69.597 cubic inches

So the model number is in CC (cubic centimeters) vs CM (cubic millimeters) instead of the specifications units of measure. They could have posted 7.35 and 6.72 cm respectively.

That results in
= 4 x 3.14159265359 x (7.35/2) x (7.35/2) x 6.72
= 1140.496151
= 1140 (rounded to nearest integer)
 
Streetshark07,

You might as well add these too if you are intending to turn your CB into a rat bike: ;) (It's hard to tell if you are serious about this...)
 
Back
Top