Hi everyone,
I recently bought a very well kept CB1100RS, but I noticed something unusual. There’s quite a lot of rust inside the fuel tank, especially around the top section and near what I believe is the breather hole/vent.
What I find strange is that the bike is absolutely pristine on the outside, yet the rust is concentrated only in this specific area.
My questions are:
How serious is this issue?
Is it something that can be repaired, or should I be thinking about replacing the tank altogether?
I’d really appreciate any advice or experiences you can share. Thanks in advance!
I recently bought a very well kept CB1100RS, but I noticed something unusual. There’s quite a lot of rust inside the fuel tank, especially around the top section and near what I believe is the breather hole/vent.
What I find strange is that the bike is absolutely pristine on the outside, yet the rust is concentrated only in this specific area.
My questions are:
How serious is this issue?
Is it something that can be repaired, or should I be thinking about replacing the tank altogether?
I’d really appreciate any advice or experiences you can share. Thanks in advance!
I am certain that with the right products and techniques, you can get everything where you want it to be. To add to to this already strong response, see my input for what it is worth:
