cb1100r rumour

Thanks for posting the link. Extremely interesting looking. If it was around 420 pounds wet and tolerable seat wise I would love to try it. Do you think it would find much of a market here in the States?
 
As much as I'd like to think a bike like that would actually be built, I can't help but think it would have a very limited market. Although I could, and would love to be, wrong.
I was thinking the other day how several voices seem to feel the CB has been unsuccessful, but from what I've seen it's pretty popular around the world, especially in Asia. I wonder if there are any production stats?
If I recall, the current iteration of the CB has been built from 2010.
 
Geezer, many of us would love to see production stats. I reckon there's a lot more in Asia than we know about. We do know there's lots in Taiwan.
 
Intereseting but I have strong doubts about it.

The Visordown article mentions rumours about a CB400 Four though they figure it would be Japan only. If they came out with that in the US though (or the liquid cooled super four) I'd be all like, "Shut up and take my money!" Seriously.
 
Toro5xi_imp said:
Thanks for posting the link. Extremely interesting looking. If it was around 420 pounds wet and tolerable seat wise I would love to try it. Do you think it would find much of a market here in the States?
i wonder why the CB is very heavy 540 - 575 lbs wet?
 
cbdtran_imp said:
Toro5xi_imp said:
Thanks for posting the link. Extremely interesting looking. If it was around 420 pounds wet and tolerable seat wise I would love to try it. Do you think it would find much of a market here in the States?
i wonder why the CB is very heavy 540 - 575 lbs wet?
i wonder why the CB is very heavy 540 - 575 lbs wet?
It seems heavy compared to modern bikes, but it's about the same weight as your average late 70s / early 80s UJM liter bike. An air cooled liter bike with a steel double down tube frame, heavy stock exhaust system and chrome steel fenders should be expected to weigh over 500 lbs.

By comparison, an 80s Kaw KZ1100 weighed almost 600 lbs., an '80 Suzi GS1100E was 564 lbs and a '78 Yammie XS1100 weighed in at 569 lbs.
 
Personal photos from someone at the 2007 Tokyo show.

58148074ea039592c151daa831b600c8.jpg

31b98f78c8efafe3453d3266097ce25d.jpg

1ef9cbd4ceca334b30ca37c75b84610c.jpg


If the rumors end up true, and this comes to the US, it would be a hard decision!
 
It IS a gorgeous piece. Look how low the shifter is, holy cow.

It would have to be an addition for me, the CB DLX is not going anywhere
 
It is the bike I have been wanting since 2007. If they make it, it will be mine. I would say a perfect companion to the CB1100EX.
 
DGShannon_imp said:
Personal photos from someone at the 2007 Tokyo show.

58148074ea039592c151daa831b600c8.jpg

31b98f78c8efafe3453d3266097ce25d.jpg

1ef9cbd4ceca334b30ca37c75b84610c.jpg


If the rumors end up true, and this comes to the US, it would be a hard decision!
absolutely beautiful, Honda makes many classics
I wonder they brings this bike to USA since the market of CB1100 is quite small
 
The seat hurts just to look at. It's impractical for any number of reasons. Aftermarket parts will be non existent. I'd buy it for no other reason than to roll it out of my garage onto the driveway and make the neighborhood males salivate as they drive by.
 
reminds me of Jackie Gleason in the late 1950-early 60's TV show, The Honeymooners, when, as Ralph Kramden he saw something he really wanted: HUMMMMAAA!...HUMMMAAA!!...though the rational self would most likely force me to keep the checkbook from a "quick-draw"!...does speak to my "inner-lizard" part of brain, however!
 
Back
Top