CB1100EX Whitehouse K10 in Gold

Thread starter
I took some pics the other night to sell the bike.... then after chatting to a guy while I was snapping, decided to keep it!

So, thought I'd share the pics any how.

There are a few small bits and bobs to do but she's pretty much there, for me, now.

best
Kev
50b82ab1bdadc41895ec0f01326b3b76.jpg
5925429e8e3da1220773c7e3088965da.jpg
98929416f845f0d563264b0218c208f2.jpg
32cce07d017e6492d4494b198388bd53.jpg
0cb21cfe121cdc9b3a34266c16f628c3.jpg
f4ed0af465843d2ca1e89ad26edfaea6.jpg
0e8c917bffccaa5aeb767ad996f19032.jpg
623bdfb9254360231df386dcde907a57.jpg
5521db71d2386f5ff5f2daeb3af08ea0.jpg
c4678e8bf77dc1ea2e6c7158b81f731a.jpg
d61063a72e31ada28d2da7575759c606.jpg
28f4407657c22a0284584d8c309d345a.jpg
ae8d03ff3e2376be359d3e21aa8aa2a7.jpg
3d79a0bc6328746b946f1e2b4df532cf.jpg

A few more...
5348bcfa63bc826d4297b4db9755bbeb.jpg

994fa189b37724079cabf96f5ddc9478.jpg
bca938bce839cf73930ac97de6cc3e7a.jpg
5af64002e9fcfc478bcfdb18597a90e3.jpg
d8ede8c2adf4b6b7d19114d0d4f4b96e.jpg
86909c0e1ed6e719f06f660d177756ea.jpg
2f2845f432102ab618429ab43dde6afc.jpg
68d1cd62bf5c4da70e07e5a8516f5ed3.jpg
bc90aa72fb0ac63ec2436f8b66f53218.jpg
[/img]
 
beardyweirdy@me.com_imp said:
I took some pics the other night to sell the bike.... then after chatting to a guy while I was snapping, decided to keep it!

So, thought I'd share the pics any how.

There are a few small bits and bobs to do but she's pretty much there, for me, now.

best
Kev
50b82ab1bdadc41895ec0f01326b3b76.jpg
5925429e8e3da1220773c7e3088965da.jpg
98929416f845f0d563264b0218c208f2.jpg
32cce07d017e6492d4494b198388bd53.jpg
0cb21cfe121cdc9b3a34266c16f628c3.jpg
f4ed0af465843d2ca1e89ad26edfaea6.jpg
0e8c917bffccaa5aeb767ad996f19032.jpg
623bdfb9254360231df386dcde907a57.jpg
5521db71d2386f5ff5f2daeb3af08ea0.jpg
c4678e8bf77dc1ea2e6c7158b81f731a.jpg
d61063a72e31ada28d2da7575759c606.jpg
28f4407657c22a0284584d8c309d345a.jpg
ae8d03ff3e2376be359d3e21aa8aa2a7.jpg
3d79a0bc6328746b946f1e2b4df532cf.jpg

A few more...
5348bcfa63bc826d4297b4db9755bbeb.jpg

994fa189b37724079cabf96f5ddc9478.jpg
bca938bce839cf73930ac97de6cc3e7a.jpg
5af64002e9fcfc478bcfdb18597a90e3.jpg
d8ede8c2adf4b6b7d19114d0d4f4b96e.jpg
86909c0e1ed6e719f06f660d177756ea.jpg
2f2845f432102ab618429ab43dde6afc.jpg
68d1cd62bf5c4da70e07e5a8516f5ed3.jpg
bc90aa72fb0ac63ec2436f8b66f53218.jpg
[/img]
I'm sure the conversation went something like this :

Guy : Why would you think of selling this beauty?

Beardy : :huh:
 
Thread starter
Flynrider, the conversation was almost, just like that. I hadn't got a reason except money, and I thought, well I'll make do. It's a wonderful, rare thing, why exchange it for something as common as money.... until I've got None! ;-)

Ferret, You mean more pics? If you click on a pic, it should take you to my photobucket page. Lots more there...

Might I add, the Over exhaust is a thing of beauty. Sounds brilliant when you press on and fits perfectly.
 
Gorgeous bike Beardy, great photography too ! Do you have any interest in selling the original tank and side covers ? I would love to change the color of my bike without re-painting.
 
Beardy..no I was just being goofy. Please forgive me.

What a beautiful motorcycle and the photography work is actually quite stunning. I'm glad you decided to keep it, at least for awhile.
 
Beautiful CB. I always wanted a CB 750. I had a CB 450 and was saving for the CB750, but somehow ended up buying a Moto Guzzi 750 Ambassador. However I did get a inline 4 as my next bike, it was a Kawasaki Z-1. Really close to the CB750, just a little quicker.
 
Thread starter
I think I'll keep the Std. parts. That way I have the option to ret. the bike to Std. if I do sell and then keep all the custom prts if I decide to get another CB1100 in the future...
Thanks guys, appreciate the comments.
Sorry Ferret, I get it.... it takes me a while sometimes. I'm not as quick as the bikes I ride ;-)
 
beardyweirdy@me.com_imp said:
I took some pics the other night to sell the bike.... then after chatting to a guy while I was snapping, decided to keep it!

So, thought I'd share the pics any how.

There are a few small bits and bobs to do but she's pretty much there, for me, now.

best
Kev
50b82ab1bdadc41895ec0f01326b3b76.jpg
5925429e8e3da1220773c7e3088965da.jpg
98929416f845f0d563264b0218c208f2.jpg
32cce07d017e6492d4494b198388bd53.jpg
0cb21cfe121cdc9b3a34266c16f628c3.jpg
f4ed0af465843d2ca1e89ad26edfaea6.jpg
0e8c917bffccaa5aeb767ad996f19032.jpg
623bdfb9254360231df386dcde907a57.jpg
5521db71d2386f5ff5f2daeb3af08ea0.jpg
c4678e8bf77dc1ea2e6c7158b81f731a.jpg
d61063a72e31ada28d2da7575759c606.jpg
28f4407657c22a0284584d8c309d345a.jpg
ae8d03ff3e2376be359d3e21aa8aa2a7.jpg
3d79a0bc6328746b946f1e2b4df532cf.jpg

A few more...
5348bcfa63bc826d4297b4db9755bbeb.jpg

994fa189b37724079cabf96f5ddc9478.jpg
bca938bce839cf73930ac97de6cc3e7a.jpg
5af64002e9fcfc478bcfdb18597a90e3.jpg
d8ede8c2adf4b6b7d19114d0d4f4b96e.jpg
86909c0e1ed6e719f06f660d177756ea.jpg
2f2845f432102ab618429ab43dde6afc.jpg
68d1cd62bf5c4da70e07e5a8516f5ed3.jpg
bc90aa72fb0ac63ec2436f8b66f53218.jpg
[/img]


Daang, the ease and impulsivity people can have to sell their most precious thing as a bike astonishes me every time.

Makes me think about 'rich folks' in Monaco or Dubai that have to change their car evey year for the latest model.
Its not serious and in my eyes they have no appreciation for a fine product.
And on the other hand you got hard working people who work themselves to death their whole life to own that one special thing they've always dreamed about. :)

Financial problems aside, I really just can't understand this disposable mentality.

I literally know people that would go crazy for a bike like that.
I even know people that know people that would go crazy for our bikes, especially one as nice as yours...:thumbsup:
At least here in Belgium...

beardyweirdy@me.com_imp said:
All good points and I think your right Kmoney, I rekcon its worth floating as is, if it goes then great. If I get more desparate then I can put it back. I accept that I'm not going to get back what I paid for mods usually, but these are so expensive and as you say rare, and beautiful, is seems a shame to just let them go for a song.

It'll be an interesting project, pulling all the performance and weight saving parts off the bike in one hit. I'm interested how different it will feel when ridden almost back to back. I'll write it up.

Cormanus, as for why, well I test road an Africa Twin last week and I really liked it. It was a lot of fun on the back roads. I quite fancy getting on some dirt tracks as well. I also ride two up quite a bit and need to do a fair bit of motorway riding. So I think it will just suit me better. I'm always chopping and changing. I love the cb tho and think there will be another one in the future....
A wise decision is to keep this bike since you clearly still love it and just save up for an Africa Twin down the road...whenever that may be.
If you can't have both, you have to chose...thats how it usually goes, unless you are a resident of Dubai or Monaco :)

If you would sell the cb just to get the africa twin and plan to buy another cb later, it would cost you more money and it would be a waste of all the time and efforts you already put in your cb...but I think you got that by now :)

Don't sell it, these bikes are keepers.

I love sport tourings, they have a lot of power and they offer the best wind protection.
I liked my big scooter too for the same practical reasons.
But in the end I chose for this CB as my definitive bike, because its just cool, usable, universal if you may...

I still want a sport touring.
But not in a million years will I sell my CB for one...I will just have to save and wait to buy one :)

If I sell a CB for a sports touring, I know I will miss the cb and regret i sold it no matter how good the sports touring will be.
By now I have the feeling you realised just that with your CB - Africa Twin dilemma ;)
So what made you keep the bike eventually? The same reasons I said?
 
Thread starter
Hi Riko, Don't worry about it... there's no dilemma, no stress. Just bikes come and go, that's the way it is. Their fun things to do stuff on and ride. Money, Bikes, work, people, opinions... it all changes, and I like that. I'll keep it as long as I can, have some fun and move on sometime, no doubt, just not yet.
 
Great job, with the arrival of better weather it will be good to see that beautiful bike on the road.

Hope to see some posts at Seat time.

Regards
 
Thread starter
Well my new Africa Twin is delayed till end April so looks like there will be a bit more seat time yet... looks like she's just won herself a trip to Brittany at the end of March. I'll post some pics from that run.
 
Riko_imp said:
beardyweirdy@me.com_imp said:
I took some pics the other night to sell the bike.... then after chatting to a guy while I was snapping, decided to keep it!

So, thought I'd share the pics any how.

There are a few small bits and bobs to do but she's pretty much there, for me, now.

best
Kev
50b82ab1bdadc41895ec0f01326b3b76.jpg
5925429e8e3da1220773c7e3088965da.jpg
98929416f845f0d563264b0218c208f2.jpg
32cce07d017e6492d4494b198388bd53.jpg
0cb21cfe121cdc9b3a34266c16f628c3.jpg
f4ed0af465843d2ca1e89ad26edfaea6.jpg
0e8c917bffccaa5aeb767ad996f19032.jpg
623bdfb9254360231df386dcde907a57.jpg
5521db71d2386f5ff5f2daeb3af08ea0.jpg
c4678e8bf77dc1ea2e6c7158b81f731a.jpg
d61063a72e31ada28d2da7575759c606.jpg
28f4407657c22a0284584d8c309d345a.jpg
ae8d03ff3e2376be359d3e21aa8aa2a7.jpg
3d79a0bc6328746b946f1e2b4df532cf.jpg

A few more...
5348bcfa63bc826d4297b4db9755bbeb.jpg

994fa189b37724079cabf96f5ddc9478.jpg
bca938bce839cf73930ac97de6cc3e7a.jpg
5af64002e9fcfc478bcfdb18597a90e3.jpg
d8ede8c2adf4b6b7d19114d0d4f4b96e.jpg
86909c0e1ed6e719f06f660d177756ea.jpg
2f2845f432102ab618429ab43dde6afc.jpg
68d1cd62bf5c4da70e07e5a8516f5ed3.jpg
bc90aa72fb0ac63ec2436f8b66f53218.jpg
[/img]


Daang, the ease and impulsivity people can have to sell their most precious thing as a bike astonishes me every time.

Makes me think about 'rich folks' in Monaco or Dubai that have to change their car evey year for the latest model.
Its not serious and in my eyes they have no appreciation for a fine product.
And on the other hand you got hard working people who work themselves to death their whole life to own that one special thing they've always dreamed about. :)

Financial problems aside, I really just can't understand this disposable mentality.

I literally know people that would go crazy for a bike like that.
I even know people that know people that would go crazy for our bikes, especially one as nice as yours...:thumbsup:
At least here in Belgium...

beardyweirdy@me.com_imp said:
All good points and I think your right Kmoney, I rekcon its worth floating as is, if it goes then great. If I get more desparate then I can put it back. I accept that I'm not going to get back what I paid for mods usually, but these are so expensive and as you say rare, and beautiful, is seems a shame to just let them go for a song.

It'll be an interesting project, pulling all the performance and weight saving parts off the bike in one hit. I'm interested how different it will feel when ridden almost back to back. I'll write it up.

Cormanus, as for why, well I test road an Africa Twin last week and I really liked it. It was a lot of fun on the back roads. I quite fancy getting on some dirt tracks as well. I also ride two up quite a bit and need to do a fair bit of motorway riding. So I think it will just suit me better. I'm always chopping and changing. I love the cb tho and think there will be another one in the future....
A wise decision is to keep this bike since you clearly still love it and just save up for an Africa Twin down the road...whenever that may be.
If you can't have both, you have to chose...thats how it usually goes, unless you are a resident of Dubai or Monaco :)

If you would sell the cb just to get the africa twin and plan to buy another cb later, it would cost you more money and it would be a waste of all the time and efforts you already put in your cb...but I think you got that by now :)

Don't sell it, these bikes are keepers.

I love sport tourings, they have a lot of power and they offer the best wind protection.
I liked my big scooter too for the same practical reasons.
But in the end I chose for this CB as my definitive bike, because its just cool, usable, universal if you may...

I still want a sport touring.
But not in a million years will I sell my CB for one...I will just have to save and wait to buy one :)

If I sell a CB for a sports touring, I know I will miss the cb and regret i sold it no matter how good the sports touring will be.
By now I have the feeling you realised just that with your CB - Africa Twin dilemma ;)
So what made you keep the bike eventually? The same reasons I said?


Daang, the ease and impulsivity people can have to sell their most precious thing as a bike astonishes me every time.

Makes me think about 'rich folks' in Monaco or Dubai that have to change their car evey year for the latest model.
Its not serious and in my eyes they have no appreciation for a fine product.
And on the other hand you got hard working people who work themselves to death their whole life to own that one special thing they've always dreamed about. :)

Financial problems aside, I really just can't understand this disposable mentality.

I literally know people that would go crazy for a bike like that.
I even know people that know people that would go crazy for our bikes, especially one as nice as yours...:thumbsup:
At least here in Belgium...

beardyweirdy@me.com_imp said:
All good points and I think your right Kmoney, I rekcon its worth floating as is, if it goes then great. If I get more desparate then I can put it back. I accept that I'm not going to get back what I paid for mods usually, but these are so expensive and as you say rare, and beautiful, is seems a shame to just let them go for a song.

It'll be an interesting project, pulling all the performance and weight saving parts off the bike in one hit. I'm interested how different it will feel when ridden almost back to back. I'll write it up.

Cormanus, as for why, well I test road an Africa Twin last week and I really liked it. It was a lot of fun on the back roads. I quite fancy getting on some dirt tracks as well. I also ride two up quite a bit and need to do a fair bit of motorway riding. So I think it will just suit me better. I'm always chopping and changing. I love the cb tho and think there will be another one in the future....
A wise decision is to keep this bike since you clearly still love it and just save up for an Africa Twin down the road...whenever that may be.
If you can't have both, you have to chose...thats how it usually goes, unless you are a resident of Dubai or Monaco :)

If you would sell the cb just to get the africa twin and plan to buy another cb later, it would cost you more money and it would be a waste of all the time and efforts you already put in your cb...but I think you got that by now :)

Don't sell it, these bikes are keepers.

I love sport tourings, they have a lot of power and they offer the best wind protection.
I liked my big scooter too for the same practical reasons.
But in the end I chose for this CB as my definitive bike, because its just cool, usable, universal if you may...

I still want a sport touring.
But not in a million years will I sell my CB for one...I will just have to save and wait to buy one :)

If I sell a CB for a sports touring, I know I will miss the cb and regret i sold it no matter how good the sports touring will be.
By now I have the feeling you realised just that with your CB - Africa Twin dilemma ;)
So what made you keep the bike eventually? The same reasons I said?
Very well put. I love sport touring motorcycles and would like to have either a ST1300 or a BMW R1200RT besides my CB1100. I cannot really do both so I don't think I would ever sell my CB for one of those and I really don't ride long distance but there are days it would be nice to have more weather protection. I guess I could always do a Parabellum fairing. Back to the point your bike is beautiful and glad to hear you are keeping it. Have a great day.
 
Wow, that's just stunning. The gold really pops with the sun on it - I'd love to see more from that angle!
Glad you decided to hold on to her, she's a definite keeper.
 
Back
Top