CB1100EX Test Ride

Dareius_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I recently had the opportunity to test the CB1100EX. What a great bike, what a smooth engine, what a perfect balance. This bike is very close to perfection.
I also visited Honda's Japan site and the CB1100EX 's page is amazing, it's almost a mini site. Think this bike means "respect". I am thinking to buy one, love the original Cb750 four and it's clear that this new model is made with passion and heritage and "it's more than a bike".
What do you think, "owners"? Share your thoughts and experience and tell me if should buy this bike!

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk
 
Ciao!
I had recently switched from an italian V2 to the cb1100ex. I have not regretted it!
This bike is what I was looking for: powerful and fun to drive, also relaxed, no bad feelings when somebody on a superbike passes you (because you know you could keep up if you wanted to). It is not a bike that you see at every corner, which is also important to me, and a reason for many conversations with other bikers (mainly when they get nostalgic...).

I say: do it!

greetings, fruno
 
I have a Deluxe which is basically the same bike as we don't have an EX here. I have had it since April and I love it. It is one of my few major purchases that I do not have buyers remorse. A malady that many of us experience in the US! Anyhow a great bike that is very well balanced and a joy to ride.
 
I see why not! As drodg58 mentioned, the EX is not available in the states (I wish it was). The CB is the most well balanced bike, it's fast (fast enough at least), reliable, easy to work on, nimble, looks classy, top notch build quality, comfortable etc. Also, easy to mod and customize. I'd say go for it, 100%.
 
Dareius,

You're on the CB1100 forum. We're all going to tell you to get it! :)
 
If you are looking for encouragement, just spend some time browsing various threads on this forum. You'll find that most CB1100 owners are pretty happy with these machines. Of course this great supporting community can also be a part of the ownership experience should you choose.
 
You're clearly procrastinating so maybe you should forget it and let someone else have it.

Alternatively, you could join others on this forum and keep us entertained with a chronicle of your internal torment.

Meanwhile, buy it.
 
Cormanus, You made me spew coffee over my keyboard! I'm glad you have internet access in your bunker on whatever Solomon Island you are hiding out on!!
 
Thread starter
In the past years I had two H-D Sportser, 883 and 1200 Custom. Those engines were tremendous and vibrations were a constant.
When I tested the CB it was amazing...never thought a bike could be so smooth and gentle. "It's electric" was my first thought.
Its style, design and heritage elements from the past and from the CB 750 four are a plus. I really love this bike.
Never experienced before the feeling of falling in love for a bike. It happened that day.
 
Just freaking buy it! If they stop making them you will regret it all your life. I have 2 and if the EX came to USA I would have a third.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Elipten_imp said:
Just freaking buy it! If they stop making them you will regret it all your life. I have 2 and if the EX came to USA I would have a third.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Why do you have two?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk
 
Have you bought it yet Dareius?
 
One 2013 std, one 2014 DLX. Because I can and sure as heck they would quit making them. So one for me and one for visitors, and I have the BMW if there are two visitors.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I bought my 2013 regular cb1100 without test-driving it, and have enjoyed the heck out of it. I was on the fence because the dealer that had my bike would simply not allow test-rides, but after reading about so many happy owners, I took a chance, and am very satisfied! Very smooth, plenty of pep, and it reminds me of 1982 again, hahaha!
 
Back
Top