CB1100EX Test Ride

Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Have you bought it yet Dareius?
No, not yet. I have have no doubts, but need some extra time to make my balance ready :cool:

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk
 
jeffskar_imp said:
I bought my 2013 regular cb1100 without test-driving it, and have enjoyed the heck out of it. I was on the fence because the dealer that had my bike would simply not allow test-rides, but after reading about so many happy owners, I took a chance, and am very satisfied! Very smooth, plenty of pep, and it reminds me of 1982 again, hahaha!
Haha. That's exactly what I've been looking for. A bike that could bring the 80s back t me.

- By the way: Great forum. Thanks for letting me in. I'm saving up for an ex.
 
Dareius_imp said:
I recently had the opportunity to test the CB1100EX. What a great bike, what a smooth engine, what a perfect balance. This bike is very close to perfection.
I also visited Honda's Japan site and the CB1100EX 's page is amazing, it's almost a mini site. Think this bike means "respect". I am thinking to buy one, love the original Cb750 four and it's clear that this new model is made with passion and heritage and "it's more than a bike".
What do you think, "owners"? Share your thoughts and experience and tell me if should buy this bike!

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk
Hi, heck yes! I bought a used, 2013 CB1100 with 6600 miles on it, in great shape. Rides like a dream. But, I wanted to buy a 2014 Deluxe. Finally gave up on that, and found a 2017 CB1100EX with only 1200 miles on it. Bought it and I am super glad I did. Both bikes are the smoothest bikes I have owned or ridden on since 1969. I really like the 6th gear though. It is the only weak spot on the 2013 bike, if that is one. I also ride a 2018 Kawasaki Z900RS. It is way faster than the CB's and has great suspension, but is too responsive, as in almost dangerously fast. I can honestly recommend the CB1100EX over it. You will not regret it. Just fall in love with the bike and its ride. It will put a smile on your face.
 
Elipten_imp said:
Just freaking buy it! If they stop making them you will regret it all your life. I have 2 and if the EX came to USA I would have a third.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi, The EX is still for sale in the USA. There is a new one in Houston at the Honda shop. I am waiting for the CB1100RS to be sold here. I will probably not buy another new bike at all if they do not bring it. Maybe a Triumph.
 
I was gonna buy it no matter what but the test ride made it easy. Super smooth inline 4
with plenty of power. You think about it and it seems to steer itself. I owned a Z1000 and z750s, both great bikes, but their engines seem primitive in comparison. Awesome brakes, good riding position. Its very basic, no fancy electronics, mine being a 2013 non abs even more basic, but its a great, great bike, the best out of 8 I've owned.
 
Crazyirv_imp said:
I was gonna buy it no matter what but the test ride made it easy. Super smooth inline 4
with plenty of power. You think about it and it seems to steer itself. I owned a Z1000 and z750s, both great bikes, but their engines seem primitive in comparison. Awesome brakes, good riding position. Its very basic, no fancy electronics, mine being a 2013 non abs even more basic, but its a great, great bike, the best out of 8 I've owned.
Hi, I agree...Of all the bikes I have owned, both CB1100's rank as number one and number one. Like yours, my 2013 is non-ABS, but I cannot tell much of a difference between them because I do not expect a bike to think for me.
 
I don't really want to re-ignite the conversation about the merits or otherwise of ABS braking, but it is hardly the bike thinking for you. Nor should you notice any difference between the two models unless you get into a situation which would cause ABS to activate. In such a case, I hope you're riding your 2017 model. I wish my 2011 CB1100 had ABS.
 
My 2011 CB has ABS. And CBS. Afterwards with later models Honda left out this very useful feature for people like me, who is a convinced rear brake user most of the time for some reason. Very smooth and no unenjoying fork diving.

Wisedrum
 
I do not expect my bikes to think for me but sometimes the mind wonders and the unthinkable happens and that's when ABS could come in as a life saver .It does nothing in normal braking but how many riders crash because of a panic stop ? Of course they tell you "I laid the bike down "
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I don't really want to re-ignite the conversation about the merits or otherwise of ABS braking, but it is hardly the bike thinking for you. Nor should you notice any difference between the two models unless you get into a situation which would cause ABS to activate. In such a case, I hope you're riding your 2017 model. I wish my 2011 CB1100 had ABS.

Has anyone every put together a complete list of what parts would be needed for a conversion?
 
PD, a conversion would cost a FORTUNE.
 
Quote:Hi, I agree...Of all the bikes I have owned, both CB1100's rank as number one and number one. Like yours, my 2013 is non-ABS, but I cannot tell much of a difference between them because I do not expect a bike to think for me.
What would you say are the biggest differences between the 2013 and 2017EX?
I like the 4-into2 exhaust, but the $ is a bit high for me. Perhaps a 2014 Deluxe would work?
 
ksmith0034_imp said:
Quote:Hi, I agree...Of all the bikes I have owned, both CB1100's rank as number one and number one. Like yours, my 2013 is non-ABS, but I cannot tell much of a difference between them because I do not expect a bike to think for me.
What would you say are the biggest differences between the 2013 and 2017EX?
I like the 4-into2 exhaust, but the $ is a bit high for me. Perhaps a 2014 Deluxe would work?
What would you say are the biggest differences between the 2013 and 2017EX?
I like the 4-into2 exhaust, but the $ is a bit high for me. Perhaps a 2014 Deluxe would work? Hi, I ride both a 2013 and a 2017EX, I got after a couple failed attempts to acquire the Deluxe. I am 6'3" and have difficulty with either, but they do handle differently to me.
My 2013 is non-ABS, I too do not like a bike to think for me, but honestly, I cannot tell what the ABS does on the 2017 EX bike. I ride where I do all the braking, w/out sudden braking to excite the bike. The 5 speed trans seems a little busy at speed, whereas the EX does not with the extra gear. They both brake better than any bike I have ever owned, even w/out ABS on the 2013. I really wanted the Deluxe for styling. The all silver engine and twin pipes with NO spokes. Those are the features that draw me to the Deluxe model. The 2017EX fits except for the spoke wheels, which are a b*t*h to keep clean and clean. Also tubeless tires go with the 2014 Deluxe. You cannot go wrong with any CB1100. If I had the money now, I would still try to find a DLX! PS...everyone see the pixs of the NEW CB750, F I think. I will start saving now..... and hope it comes here!
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
The 2014 DLX is the perfect CB 1100 .

As long as you add the ‘17 forks. :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as you add the ‘17 forks. :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And then swap the whole thing for a 2013 standard. Now we're talking!

Ah, the CB1100 — a little something for everyone.
 
Back
Top