CB1100EX - Honda rear rack - Givi monokey plate E251

xmike_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi all.

Has somebody experience, if givi plate E251 can be mounted on honda rear rack for CB1100EX 2014 (http://www.samurider.com/?p=18457, 08L70-MGC-N40)?

I can't find anything on internet with this specific rack and givi plate, I emailed Mr. T. and he wrote, than he don't know because he has no info from Honda.
 
xmike_imp said:
Hi all.

Has somebody experience, if givi plate E251 can be mounted on honda rear rack for CB1100EX 2014 (http://www.samurider.com/?p=18457, 08L70-MGC-N40)?

I can't find anything on internet with this specific rack and givi plate, I emailed Mr. T. and he wrote, than he don't know because he has no info from Honda.
I am not sure if this will help but I installed a GIVI Monolock Universal Fit Kit on my 2013 CB1100 with the Honda RR Carrier to accommodate a GIVI Monolock Top Case E370 that I interchange with my SH150i.
Works great and looks good. I'd include photos but the bikes are currently covered and on life support (battery tenders) while we wait out MN winter.
 
I installed the Honda rack and the universal Givi plate to hold a Givi V46 top case on my 2013, it was a requirement for the bike and has been a great addition.
 
I installed a Givi universal Monolock mounting plate on the OEM rack on my Honda Shadow. My memory is that it's set up in such away that the mounting bolts and butterflies can be moved to fit almost anything.
 
Thread starter
That rack for 2013 is different. 2014 rack suitable for 2014 STD and EX has two "rods" with holes instead of holes in edges like 2013 rack.
I'd like to buy givi topcase, E55 maxia or trekker 58L (I like that new big trekker more), but I can't take the plunge (this translator gives me as something when you want something, but don't have "balls" to do it) to buy a rack without confirmation that it is compatible with givi plate. Somebody somewhere, don't know where, wrote, that 2014 honda rack was not compatible with SHAD plate, he needed to drill new holes into the rack.
 
Thread starter
I understand. I'd like to know, if that givi plate can be mounted with using those holes on honda rack. If no, then I can buy black "noname"? rack from rakuten and mount givi plate on it. Decisions, decisions,... :). Waiting for spring and thinking what to buy...
 
xmike_imp said:
I understand. I'd like to know, if that givi plate can be mounted with using those holes on honda rack. If no, then I can buy black "noname"? rack from rakuten and mount givi plate on it. Decisions, decisions,... :). Waiting for spring and thinking what to buy...
xmike I first have to say I am not a very good photographer. I suck. I do have a GIVI universal Monokey plate mounted to the Honda luggage rack. I did drill two more holes in the tabs on the Honda rack. The holes Honda had already there did not work for me. So I drilled two more and used two of the butterfly clips for a grand total of four very substantial mounting points. That sucker is mounted solid!

a819dd8a7ca679deddd70c8f8f6ac106.jpg


GIVI's hardware is well thought out and I think galvanized to prevent rust.

a3fb921fd3085fef383f13158a360ef5.jpg


If you look real close you can see the holes Honda provided. I drilled right next to them. If I was to use the Honda holes, getting my seat off would have been difficult.

8da6ef5eec7ddef3881252b7005fd3a1.jpg


73983d817ae6350d3a054d267fe83ae7.jpg


It is my hope that these pics will help you in your decision. It was not very hard to mount this plate. It took me about 20 minutes and half of that was making sure I drilled my new holes in the correct spot. Measure twice cut once?
 
And I didn't drill any holes, just used the clamps. It mounts very easily. Its just not that big of a deal. A number of us have it.

That round circle you see in the bottom pic is a knock-out for the connector if you install a lighting kit.
 
I drilled no holes. Those butterfly clamps on the bottom combined with the fact that any of the holes you can see on the plate can be used for the bolt means you can attach it easily and securely.
 
Thread starter
Thank you Ole for photos and Popgun and Cormanus for comments. It was really helpful. If I can mount givi plate only with clamps, I think I will buy black rack without any hole and with handgrips for pillion (found on rakuten).


When I buy anything, I will post comment and photos, how is rack mounted.
 
I like that rack.

When you mount the adapter, make sure you take into consideration spacing if you want to be able to remove the seat. Mine was a tad tight, the way I wanted it, but no problem removing the seat with the box on or off.
 
Thread starter
Rakuten:
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/endurance/item/10004072/

Probably original Endurance (manufacturer):
http://www.endurance-store.jp/item/4732.html

There are photos with topcase, but you know, I don't know from photos, if that plate is mounted tight. Popgun and Cormanus confirmed, that givi plate should be mounted only with those butterfly brackets, so I think that it should be OK also on this rack.
I am very careful when I receive information from merchant, because somebody directly from givi wrote me, that rack SR1118 is compatible with CB1100EX and somebody else from some moto forum wrote, that is not. And those mounting holes on CB1100EX (line between them) are in different angle than on CB1100 STD 2013.
 
You can see in the pics that the plate is mounted with the clamps. You can see them poking out just behind the seat under the top box.

AND, the '13 rack and '14 rack IS different.
 
Thread starter
Yes, popgun, I know that honda racks for 13 and 14 are different. But that information, that givi plate should be mounted with those butterfly clamps (and it is not needed to mount it to rack with some hole on the rack) is sufficient for me. Now I think that I can mount givi plate maybe on any rack that has some sort of tubes without holes (if those tubes are thick enough of course). Don't worry, I will not blame anyone if it will not work like I hope it should. :)

Note: When I thought about honda rack for EX/DLX 14 and givi plate, I wanted information if givi plate can be mounted with using of those holes on flat "tubes" on that rack.

Offtopic: Here in Slovakia, Bratislava, are quite cold (0-6 degrees of celsius). I was sitting on sofa, playing some adventure on smartphone and for a few seconds I heard motorcycle engine in high revs (some supersport bike). A moment later sound of crash... It was CBR (dont know what displacement) and it had quickie with mercedes ML. Don't know who is quilty, but when I was in market for motorcycle my priorities were: it must be quite comfortable, it must look like motorcycle, not some sort of plastic modern transformer and it should be able to run at low revs and it must calm me down. Young guys on bikes flying with 11k rpms through city,... It seems it's just matter of time.
 
I think the Givi site showed another universal mount for the flat racks. But it looks like they used the same pic for both flat and tube racks.
 
Back
Top