cb1100

This is probably a stupid question, but if the switch operates by turning the high beam on and back off, will it work if one turned the high beam off and back on? I ride with my high beam on all the time and don't want to be bothered with having to remember to dim my lights before pulling into my driveway. I'm probably misunderstanding how it works, though.
 
Excellent, thanks for being the guinea pig on this one Michael. Looks like I'll be ordering one! Can't stand that keychain button rattling around on my key.
 
That looks like something I might want. Does it work with the passing button as well as the actual high/low beam switch? That would make it extremely easy to use on the CB.
 
Gypped_imp said:
That looks like something I might want. Does it work with the passing button as well as the actual high/low beam switch? That would make it extremely easy to use on the CB.
Yes, it's running off the actual wiring to the bulb, i.e. if the light comes on twice, F2P is activated. Correct me if I'm wrong, Michael.
 
shdwghst457_imp said:
Gypped_imp said:
That looks like something I might want. Does it work with the passing button as well as the actual high/low beam switch? That would make it extremely easy to use on the CB.
Yes, it's running off the actual wiring to the bulb, i.e. if the light comes on twice, F2P is activated. Correct me if I'm wrong, Michael.
Yes, it's running off the actual wiring to the bulb, i.e. if the light comes on twice, F2P is activated. Correct me if I'm wrong, Michael.
I figured that would be the case with the way it's wired, but who knows what random gremlins may be lurking. :dodgy:
 
Ridem,

Just what are you posting? All I see is ---cb1100
 
Hmmm this is his flash to pass garage door opener thread.

Did someone do something or say something to him and he is wiping out his posts?

Come back to us ridem, give us another cb1100

A lot of his posts are changed to only show cb1100 now in all different threads and forum topics.

Wonder what is happening...

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
I sent Ridem a text message (from my Phone), not a PM, about this. Haven't gotten a reply. He IS buying another CB. He may be out getting it.

Mike is a really nice guy and I think it would take a lot more than a locked thread to make him mad. He has pretty much said the same thing in other posts too.
 
I think his account got hacked; these changes happened around 2AM!
Look at the 'post last modified' time stamps. They all seem to be between 1:20 and 1:50AM. Even the thread here got renamed. I agree that it doesn't seem like Mike's style to go back and do all of that.
 
I sent him a PM as well, no answer. He was on here at 12:33 PM today. Don't know what is going on.
 
If his account got hacked and the person/bot changed his password, he's likely at his computer, not yelling curse words (because he doesn't do that) and being super annoyed that he can't log in!
 
Micheal may have been offended when his thread was closed. There's a lot of off topic post that certainly go way over the top on this forum. I liked the Sheriff so much i showed it to the wife and kids. Maybe we need a general discussion for off topic threads.
 
CIP57_imp said:
Micheal may have been offended when his thread was closed. There's a lot of off topic post that certainly go way over the top on this forum. I liked the Sheriff so much i showed it to the wife and kids. Maybe we need a general discussion for off topic threads.
I agree with everything you said CIP. Maybe we need a humor section. These forums become a community of fella's that like talking about more than just bikes.

And admittedly, the CB1100 is kind of limited on topics to discuss due to it being a new bike. Over on the SOHC4 forums they have an open forum section where you can discuss topics other than bikes. There's even a humor section for jokes.

The only thing off limits is politics and flame wars, which I totally agree with also. They tried allowing political discussion for a while and it turned into a flame war free-for-all. It was an experiment that ended not long after it began.

All that being said, we all get a sense of who we're communicating with here on the forum, and some even get the chance to meet up out on the road, so why wouldn't we want to discuss something other than the CB1100 from time to time?

It's Guth's forum, so it's his call. But maybe it's something that he should consider.

My .02 cents.
 
Back
Top