CB1100 with Sidecar Photos

Huladog_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Helping out Buffalohead & his buddy who wanted to share their photos of the CB1100 with a sidecar.

















Aloha,
Huladog
 
Huladog,

Great pictures!!!! The lucky passenger is going to ride in style!!!

I'm also very curious about that really nice sissy bar. From the pictures, it appears to work in conjunction with the Honda rear carrier. Best of both worlds. Can you find out? This is the one accessory that would make my passenger very happy.
 
Sweet love the Honda emblems all over the car.
 
I've always admired these things, especially to see one on a CB11. But I can't help but wonder how much those things pull the bike to the right. (I'm guessing front tires wear out a little bit quicker with a sidecar on?)
 
CB4ME_imp said:
Huladog,

Great pictures!!!! The lucky passenger is going to ride in style!!!

I'm also very curious about that really nice sissy bar. From the pictures, it appears to work in conjunction with the Honda rear carrier. Best of both worlds. Can you find out? This is the one accessory that would make my passenger very happy.
Mike is my friend who owns the CB/sidecar. He's not into computers so he's not on the forum. (?!!)

He put on the factory accessory rack. The sissybar/backrest is an aftermarket that , by luck, fits perfectly. I will find out from Mike (if he can remember) where he got it and the part number. I'll post it later today.
Buffalohead
 
Buffalohead_imp said:
CB4ME_imp said:
Huladog,

Great pictures!!!! The lucky passenger is going to ride in style!!!

I'm also very curious about that really nice sissy bar. From the pictures, it appears to work in conjunction with the Honda rear carrier. Best of both worlds. Can you find out? This is the one accessory that would make my passenger very happy.
Mike is my friend who owns the CB/sidecar. He's not into computers so he's not on the forum. (?!!)

He put on the factory accessory rack. The sissybar/backrest is an aftermarket that , by luck, fits perfectly. I will find out from Mike (if he can remember) where he got it and the part number. I'll post it later today.
Buffalohead
Please do! It's just what I've been looking for! :worship:
 
I hope Mike still has the info on the sissybar/backrest. It was pure luck, really. He drilled a few holes, bolted it to the rack and it looks like a factory part. I'll do whatever I can to find out.
 
Buffalohead_imp said:
I hope Mike still has the info on the sissybar/backrest. It was pure luck, really. He drilled a few holes, bolted it to the rack and it looks like a factory part. I'll do whatever I can to find out.
Buffalohead - thanks for the PM and the new info. Much appreciated!!!!

I hope Mike remembers because the second it's provided I'm ordering one!
 
The ferret_imp said:
Sweet love the Honda emblems all over the car.
Actually, the Honda emblems were my contribution to his project. I think they look great too. It was the least I could do since he made me a subframe for my soon-to-come CB when he was building his own subframe. You've got to have something strong to attach to. He's an industrial mechanic/welder/machinist who can make about anything. My other mounting parts are from DMC because my sidecar is a DMC (Dauntless). When I get a black CB (though I may have to paint one), I will post pics as well. I may need your help again, Huladog!
 
cbdtran,
I believe he has about $7200 total in the sidecar including paint. That's just the sidecar, not counting the subframe required to attach to the bike. A sidecar manufacturer or machinist/welder would have to custom make that
 
Jwayne_imp said:
BH,

Did he make the mounts for the windshield and who made the windshield?
Thanks
Mike is an amazing machinist/welder/industrial mechanic who can make about anything. I'm fortunate we've been best friend's since we were teenagers.

He made the subframe and most attachment parts for the sidecar and the brackets for the windshield too. The windshield attaches at the top of the fork tubes. He made a set for me too, sidecar and windshield. I have a sidecar and I'm waiting to see if I can get a black CB in 2014 (before painting a red one). My sidecar is a classic design and wouldn't look good in red.

The windshield is a Memphis Shade Part No. MEM3811.
On the box it also says:
Desc: Memphis Fats, 21" , 9" headlight
Black (must refer to the shaded section)

He was going to buy a clear windshield and the chrome gauge covers. He found that he liked the look of the shaded bottom windshield better without the chrome covers because the black gauges blended in behind the shaded area. I like it too and would not have thought I would.
 
Bufffalohead -

your red everything look amazing, for it is the Honda color. It screams look at me!


Buffalohead_imp said:
Jwayne_imp said:
BH,

Did he make the mounts for the windshield and who made the windshield?
Thanks
Mike is an amazing machinist/welder/industrial mechanic who can make about anything. I'm fortunate we've been best friend's since we were teenagers.

He made the subframe and most attachment parts for the sidecar and the brackets for the windshield too. The windshield attaches at the top of the fork tubes. He made a set for me too, sidecar and windshield. I have a sidecar and I'm waiting to see if I can get a black CB in 2014 (before painting a red one). My sidecar is a classic design and wouldn't look good in red.

The windshield is a Memphis Shade Part No. MEM3811.
On the box it also says:
Desc: Memphis Fats, 21" , 9" headlight
Black (must refer to the shaded section)

He was going to buy a clear windshield and the chrome gauge covers. He found that he liked the look of the shaded bottom windshield better without the chrome covers because the black gauges blended in behind the shaded area. I like it too and would not have thought I would.
Mike is an amazing machinist/welder/industrial mechanic who can make about anything. I'm fortunate we've been best friend's since we were teenagers.

He made the subframe and most attachment parts for the sidecar and the brackets for the windshield too. The windshield attaches at the top of the fork tubes. He made a set for me too, sidecar and windshield. I have a sidecar and I'm waiting to see if I can get a black CB in 2014 (before painting a red one). My sidecar is a classic design and wouldn't look good in red.

The windshield is a Memphis Shade Part No. MEM3811.
On the box it also says:
Desc: Memphis Fats, 21" , 9" headlight
Black (must refer to the shaded section)

He was going to buy a clear windshield and the chrome gauge covers. He found that he liked the look of the shaded bottom windshield better without the chrome covers because the black gauges blended in behind the shaded area. I like it too and would not have thought I would.
 
cbdtran' pid='13044' dateline='1378309513 said:
Bufffalohead -

your red everything look amazing, for it is the Honda color. It screams look at me!


**************************************

cbdtran,
The bike belongs to my best friend. Mine will be black when it's finished.
 
Back
Top