CB1100 vs The Field

You've probably already told us and I've forgotten, but dod you replace the CB1100, DBXXX? If so, with what?
 
Houtman_imp said:
I never feel any vibrations on my CB 1100's but than my wife tells me that I have no feelings....
Was the feeler gauge used to check your condition????:P
:beerchug:
 
Back in the day, when I had my Honda 450 I was single. Girls would ask me for a ride, and I'd say sure, let's go. I'd take it up into some nearby hills and keep it in the lower gears so it vibrated and buzzed. Most girls loved it. A two-wheeled toy.
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
Back in the day, when I had my Honda 450 I was single. Girls would ask me for a ride, and I'd say sure, let's go. I'd take it up into some nearby hills and keep it in the lower gears so it vibrated and buzzed. Most girls loved it. A two-wheeled toy.
Oh I'm sure they loved those vibrations alrightttt :cool:
 
I found having the 2013 and the 2014 solves the problem.........:angel:

2013 gives some vibes on some rides, other times, not so much. Weird.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
You've probably already told us and I've forgotten, but dod you replace the CB1100, DBXXX? If so, with what?
I may not have mentioned it here actually, but I switched to the moto guzzi v85 we discussed on this forum a year or two back. If I had the budget and space I would've kept both, but the guzzi is more of an all-rounder and it turned out to be the right choice for me I think.

I will say this: the various guzzi forums have nothing on this place. You really do meet the nicest people on a honda xD
 
Stick around anyway DBXX. We like people who like bikes.
 
Still riding both the 5-speed 2013 and the 6-speed 2017EX. I do not find any annoying buzz or vibration on either one. The 6-speed does let me ride at a lower rpm at highway speeds and that is the big plus the 2017 has over the 2013, at least for me. Sometimes I find riding the 5-speed just seems mellower,but I love riding both, so I am kind of biased to the Honda. Now, when I want to ride fast or with people that do, the Kawasaki Z900RS is the bike I take. It likes being taken' up near redline, and I find the CB's do not like that at all.
 
2014 DLX for me, lots of 500-750+ mile days on various tours. Vibration has not been an issue. I did use Grip Puppies, but for diameter more than anything else. Generally I had some type of screen installed (National Cycle smaller or barn door models), but wind noise is ultimately the beast that must be slayed. To the commenter above who mentioned it, I recommend you use ear plugs. You get used to it, and I don’t find it to be a hazard in now ~15K miles (two bikes) of Twin Cities MN freeway commuting.

I was at first hesitant on ear plugs, just felt a little out of touch with traffic at the time, relative to my then-new commuting mode. I asked my MSF instructor about it and he said, “Well, look at it this way... if you don’t use them pretty soon it won’t matter. You won’t need them.” That sealed the deal for me and I really haven’t ridden much without foam ear plugs since. Silk scarf on occasion too, to block wind noise leakage into helmet cavity. Cross winds still suck, but more manageable.
 
Mn-Ed, Your instructor’s wisdom cannot be repeated often enough: shield or no shield; helmet or no helmet (of any style); wear earplugs or damage your hearing. Badly.
 
Cormanus, +1

Even with properly-fitted earplugs, they will greatly reduce, but they won’t eliminate, hearing loss. Best advice? Don’t leave home without ‘em.
 
If I remember right even 5th gear on the 2014 is taller then 5th gear on the 2013 AND you have another gear.

I'm actively looking for a CB1100, 2014+ only for me...………….
 
PAULIBIKER_imp said:
If I remember right even 5th gear on the 2014 is taller then 5th gear on the 2013 AND you have another gear.

I'm actively looking for a CB1100, 2014+ only for me...………….
Check the want ads here. There is a 14 DLX listed.
 
Re: Paulibiker and Inhouse Bob's posts above...

Yes, the 2014 Deluxe is still for sale. And if you're in IA, MN is only a short ride away!! I can't post Ads myself yet, but working on it.. (can't seem to Quote a post either.)

Make this Post #10. Thanks all. MN-Ed 2014 CB1100 DLX #0074.
 
If only there was a way to welcome 14 new members. Hummm…

That was a hint for you MN-ED
 
MN-Ed_imp said:
Re: Paulibiker and Inhouse Bob's posts above...

Yes, the 2014 Deluxe is still for sale. And if you're in IA, MN is only a short ride away!! I can't post Ads myself yet, but working on it.. (can't seem to Quote a post either.)

Make this Post #10. Thanks all. MN-Ed 2014 CB1100 DLX #0074.
Paulibiker, you can send MN-Ed a personal message and get the details.
 
PAULIBIKER_imp said:
If I remember right even 5th gear on the 2014 is taller then 5th gear on the 2013 AND you have another gear.

I'm actively looking for a CB1100, 2014+ only for me...………….
Would you be interested in a 2017 with many quality up grades ?
 
Back
Top