Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
NICE!Guth_imp said:Just a short clip. Strapped the GoPro cam on when I went out to run some errands today in hopes of capturing the sound of the Staintune exhaust that I'm now running on my CB1100.
NICE!gcarper_imp said:NICE!Guth_imp said:Just a short clip. Strapped the GoPro cam on when I went out to run some errands today in hopes of capturing the sound of the Staintune exhaust that I'm now running on my CB1100.
Guth, I'm thinking about buying a GoPro but oftentimes the GoPro videos posted on youtube have a lot of wind noise and I notice that your original post had almost no wind noise, is there a trick or strategy you use to limit wind noise? I know television crews use a fabric or foam 'sock' over the microphone to limit wind noise and they sell a similar for GoPro, but it looks kinda ridiculous.Guth_imp said:Just a short clip. Strapped the GoPro cam on when I went out to run some errands today in hopes of capturing the sound of the Staintune exhaust that I'm now running on my CB1100.
Which mount did you use.Guth_imp said:I think I just got lucky because of where I mounted the camera (I hung it upside down off of my rear rack, then I flipped the video 180 degrees for playback). Between the bike and my body/leg, the camera was somewhat protected.
I will be looking into purchasing one of those wind socks, thanks for the tip!
Thanks. Seems like that mount is pretty versatile. Good job!Guth_imp said:I used the bar mount setup which I purchased to use on my handlebars.
BuffaloBill_imp said:Ordered mine from pirateslair.net, in stock, received in three days, easy install in less than 30 minutes.
Like most all others have said: not too loud, but loud enough, nice growl. Conservative smaller "stock" pipe look. Also really glad I purchased this exhaust!
_imp said:Personally I'm not gonna even bother with any aftermarket pipes.
I learned my lesson.It'll lead to nuthin but trouble.I put Cobras
on my Valkyrie Tourer { 1999 Model } with 6 carbs.
Even though it was dialed in pretty good { by a real dyno }
it took away the original powerband of the bike.The bike never accelerated
like it did with the stock pipes.I'd say it was a good 2 seconds slower in the
1/4 mile.
I also put expensive pipes { HardKrome $599 } Sideburners on my VTX 1800.
Instead of the usual Power Commander { this was in 2002 } I went with a
newer smaller unit { techlusion } which could be dialed in fairly easy on the
fly.I ended up running the bike too lean.Then once too rich { don't do that because
you'll foul the plugs and have to remove them and clean }.
Then when I went to trade the VTX in at around 10,ooo miles on the new
M109 the Suzuki dealer acted like he'd take off about $ 500 on account
a bike that's original is what he goes by.meaning any aftermarket dint mean
squat.I even had Honda's ridiculously expensive windshield.That was like $ 500
bucks as well.But it was as close to the Valykrie Tourer windshield which is
what I was used to.Meaning as big as a barn.
Amazingly, I've been very happy with the Staintune unit. To each their own._imp said:Personally I'm not gonna even bother with any aftermarket pipes.
I learned my lesson.It'll lead to nuthin but trouble.I put Cobras
on my Valkyrie Tourer { 1999 Model } with 6 carbs.
Even though it was dialed in pretty good { by a real dyno }
it took away the original powerband of the bike.The bike never accelerated
like it did with the stock pipes.I'd say it was a good 2 seconds slower in the
1/4 mile.
I also put expensive pipes { HardKrome $599 } Sideburners on my VTX 1800.
Instead of the usual Power Commander { this was in 2002 } I went with a
newer smaller unit { techlusion } which could be dialed in fairly easy on the
fly.I ended up running the bike too lean.Then once too rich { don't do that because
you'll foul the plugs and have to remove them and clean }.
Then when I went to trade the VTX in at around 10,ooo miles on the new
M109 the Suzuki dealer acted like he'd take off about $ 500 on account
a bike that's original is what he goes by.meaning any aftermarket dint mean
squat.I even had Honda's ridiculously expensive windshield.That was like $ 500
bucks as well.But it was as close to the Valykrie Tourer windshield which is
what I was used to.Meaning as big as a barn.
I bought my CB1100 to keep. No intentions of trading it in. I still have my first street bike (my '88 Hawk) and have never really been tempted to trade it for another ride._imp said:Personally I'm not gonna even bother with any aftermarket pipes.
I learned my lesson.It'll lead to nuthin but trouble.I put Cobras
on my Valkyrie Tourer { 1999 Model } with 6 carbs.
Even though it was dialed in pretty good { by a real dyno }
it took away the original powerband of the bike.The bike never accelerated
like it did with the stock pipes.I'd say it was a good 2 seconds slower in the
1/4 mile.
I also put expensive pipes { HardKrome $599 } Sideburners on my VTX 1800.
Instead of the usual Power Commander { this was in 2002 } I went with a
newer smaller unit { techlusion } which could be dialed in fairly easy on the
fly.I ended up running the bike too lean.Then once too rich { don't do that because
you'll foul the plugs and have to remove them and clean }.
Then when I went to trade the VTX in at around 10,ooo miles on the new
M109 the Suzuki dealer acted like he'd take off about $ 500 on account
a bike that's original is what he goes by.meaning any aftermarket dint mean
squat.I even had Honda's ridiculously expensive windshield.That was like $ 500
bucks as well.But it was as close to the Valykrie Tourer windshield which is
what I was used to.Meaning as big as a barn.