CB1100 specific wear parts

The Gecko_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I am assuming (please correct me if I am wrong) that all the frequent wear parts, such as
- oil filter,
- pads and brake disks,
- calipers,
- air cleaner / filter,
- battery
are parts one can find in other (Honda) motorcycles, with identical part numbers. In other words, even with the CB1100 slowly going out of business, these parts will always be available.
I do see only one exception to this rule, the spark plugs. There are similar ones on the market, but if one wanted to play it safe and run a CB1100 for many years, you'd better get a few sets - SC65 and SC78 alike.

Any comments ?
 
brake discs? Calipers? wear items?

I'd say oil, oil filters, spark plugs, air cleaner, brake pads, clutch and brake fluid, tires, chain and sprockets are wear items.

Now as to whether they will fit other models, that's unlikely, but some might be possible. Oil filter for sure. Battery most likely.
 
Thread starter
I think I saw multiple threads on our forum - more or less old - saying that such and such part is identical with the same part on another Honda model.
Seemed to apply to brakes, filters, chain and a few more items. I was lookng for some confirmation. But I do not have the links to these post.

Fine if you prefer to not count in brake disks, but since asbestos got banned, disk don't last that long any more - at least on my Ford ;)
Your point is taken for calipers.

Back to my questions - more carefully phrased: can anybody confirm what was my guess (disregard the calipers if you like) ?
 
Go to: https:www.bike-parts-honda.com/honda-m...rice/3750 (you might get a minor error message, but the page will still open). At the top of the page use the drop-down on "Search", and select "Part Assignment". Enter the CB1100 part number and the search result will tell you what model Honda motorcycles this part is used on.
 
I have never has to replace calipers on a motorcycle - ever.

Even on a cage that sees heavy exposure to encrusting winter road salt year-after-year.

Most calipers are serviceable.
 
- Oil filter.....Sure. Once a year.
- Pads and brake disks.....Never
- Calipers.....Never, however re-built a few.
- Air cleaner / filter.....Rarely.
- Battery......Yes, but very rare with proper care.
 
I specifically wear pants…
 
:rofl:

I keep spark plugs, air cleaner, and brake pads front and rear in stock in the garage (I also have a spare set of tires)
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I specifically wear pants…
a0dad4b862fd8a0ae7459780b8a10b20.jpg

Don't take them off MiLord!!! :P
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
I keep mis-reading this as "specific wear PANTS." Old eyes, eye guess.
Not surprising for a bloke who rides bikes naked. :D
 
Thread starter
You are such a bunch of wear, wore, worn old .... politicrudly funny b...rds (consider ... equals “i” or “as” ... ), that I cannot help staying with you for a while. But indeed, please don’t you all take your panties off at once, you may not find what you expect.
 
The Gecko_imp said:
You are such a bunch of wear, wore, worn old .... politicrudly funny b...rds (consider ... equals “i” or “as” ... ), that I cannot help staying with you for a while. But indeed, please don’t you all take your panties off at once, you may not find what you expect.
Love it!

It helps keep the animal-boys in-check. :thumbsup:

= = =

Now if I can only get a few to behave on another forum, versus screening their posts. :dodgy:
 
As much as I like the pants off discussion (but not with you guys) back to parts.
I found the oil filter to be the same with ST1100's, VFR750, 1500 GW's, Valkyries. Very common.
Honda has a practice of practicality concerning parts like these. Brake pads are used on several bikes and they have made plenty of them over the years. Then they will surprise you, making something relatively simple and exclusive to that bike. My '14 Deluxe is a one year only. BTW, '14 wasn't a good year for Honda for some reason. The CTX 1300 and 1800 Valkyrie are examples. One and done. TM
 
The Air Cleaner can be serviced using compressed air, I do mine (2014 model) every 5k miles and it still looks brand new after 15k miles. I honestly don’t think I will ever need to replace it before I sell the bike or die.
 
Back
Top