Cb1100, SENA SMH10 and New Prism Action Cam

hondahoarder_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Voice audio kicks in around :34 and my thoughts on it around 2:15 if you don't want to watch the whole thing about 4 minutes total.



 
awsome, I just started motorvlogging on my cb1100 this week end, I will start a new thread, tell me what you think. I am envious of your bike collection, many would be on my wish list to own. thanks for sharing
 
Nice Curt. works well. so there is no boom for the intercom system?
 
Great report. I was looking into the SMH10 earlier this year, so it was nice to see your report. I had just bought an older SENA set for Jane & I, which is semi-compatible with the new camera, so instead I bought some Ram mounts for my little Sony cam. The voice controls on yours are key !
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Nice Curt. works well. so there is no boom for the intercom system?
You can get a boom, or a small mic that mounts in the chin guard of a full face
davidantoniocostarica_imp said:
Nice Place's, where are they??
Just around home in LaGrange KY
ss2wheels_imp said:
Great vid's Curt,I really enjoy'ed them and your Tundra is really nice,I love me some Toyota's:thumbsup:
We're Toyota fans as well Deb has a Tocoma
Chapomis_imp said:
Great report. I was looking into the SMH10 earlier this year, so it was nice to see your report. I had just bought an older SENA set for Jane & I, which is semi-compatible with the new camera, so instead I bought some Ram mounts for my little Sony cam. The voice controls on yours are key !

It's not actual voice control, but voice feedback tells your what mode your in and if you are recording or not, if it is powered on or off. Very helpful
 
Yes, it does come up on my iMac. Interest and informative video. I am working on mounting positions for a GoPro (Hero4 Silver) that I have just received as a gift. So far I have made a helmet chin mount and located three positions on the bike, front indicator, rear indicator and rear footpeg, that are easy to use mounts. Others are possible I guess. I am considering a "chesty" in lieu of/as well as the chin mount. The thing I like about the chin mount is the ability to turn and shoot away from straight ahead. I have got a pretty good handle on blind mode changes but the audible mode indication on the Sena must be very useful. I am considering a GoPro Smart Remote mounted on the bars or banded to my right forearm. It allows monitoring of what you are seeing as well as mode functions. Expensive, but maybe worth it. Your advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
 
Pterodactyl, I've this before elsewhere, but be careful with the chin mount. I've read—motorbikerider.com, I think—that the police (and your lot in particular) are not at all keen on helmet modifications and are only too happy to dish out fines. See here.
 
Chapomis_imp said:
Great report. I was looking into the SMH10 earlier this year, so it was nice to see your report. I had just bought an older SENA set for Jane & I, which is semi-compatible with the new camera, so instead I bought some Ram mounts for my little Sony cam. The voice controls on yours are key !
Chapomis, I have a small Sony Cam, I really like it alot. It is the sony hdr-as100v model. I've been wondering how I can mount it for recording rides.

What Ram mounts did you find to use on your Sony?
 
Back
Top