LongRanger_imp
Road warrior
I am jaded, but sitting on I-8 / I-10 for hundreds upon hundreds of miles holds no appeal. It's straight, flat, and boring. I prefer to avoid freeways, even in CO, as much as possible. Same with spending hour upon hour on I-70 or I-80 across the Plains.pdedse_imp said:Colorado could spoil one, but I just can't agree with horribly boring, ugly and uninspiring for AZ, NM and TX...lots of amazing views, wide-open country, interesting formations, historical sites along the way, be it the more northerly 40 route or the southern 8 and/or 10 route. From the interstates, you can do lots of angle routes on the way to break up the long stretches.LongRanger_imp said:As much as I love to ride, SoCal to Ft Worth is a horribly boring, ugly, and uninspiring ride, especially on the interstate. I'd trailer the bike!
Now if one doesn't want to put the miles on the bike, or dislikes long-distance riding in general, I guess that's a another matter.
I've completed eight 1000/24's over the years, but none were on the interstate. Doubt I'd still be up to one, but LD riding is a lot of fun and very appealing.
