CB1100 questions

c1ogden_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
I'm a new CB1100 owner and I have a few questions that I'm hoping some of you can answer. I haven't been able to find a decent luggage rack/sissy bar setup. I need something like the one in this pic that Mr. Ferret posted. All I've been able to find were undersized racks and short, stubby backrests.

My bike is a 2013 factory demo bike and came with 64 miles on it. After trailering it home I started going through the manual and noted mention of some tools that I felt should be in the bike's tool set. My tool set contains a phillips screwdriver and an Allen wrench. When I called the dealer about it he said that this was common and that some tools were extra-cost options. I've never heard of that before as all of my previous bikes came with a substantial assortment of tools so it sounded like BS to me. What came in your tool sets?


Thanks for all your help!
 
He didn't lie to you. I bought my tools to complete the kit.
 
welcome to the world of product liability.

If they sold big racks, we'd overload the racks (and sue)

If they sold tall sissy bars, we snag our legs trying to swing one over (and sue)

If they gave us a toolkit, we'd assume that we knew what we were getting into (and sue)

yechhh...
 
c1ogden_imp said:
I'm a new CB1100 owner and I have a few questions that I'm hoping some of you can answer. I haven't been able to find a decent luggage rack/sissy bar setup. I need something like the one in this pic that Mr. Ferret posted. All I've been able to find were undersized racks and short, stubby backrests.

My bike is a 2013 factory demo bike and came with 64 miles on it. After trailering it home I started going through the manual and noted mention of some tools that I felt should be in the bike's tool set. My tool set contains a phillips screwdriver and an Allen wrench. When I called the dealer about it he said that this was common and that some tools were extra-cost options. I've never heard of that before as all of my previous bikes came with a substantial assortment of tools so it sounded like BS to me. What came in your tool sets?


Thanks for all your help!
I, too, purchased the rest of the tools to complete the set. Strange that they were not included.
 
Same here on a 2014. Screwdriver, allen wrench and fuse puller. Compared to the tool sets of old, pretty worthless.
 
I got a factory toolkit with my European spec 2013 std. I vaguely remember that I had a very simmilar kit with my 2005 VTR "Superhawk".
 
My 2014 Canadian CB came with only a partial tool kit. My local dealership only got two CB's and both had only a partial tool kit, but Honda went good for them and sent the remainder of the tools for both bikes free of charge.
These aren't the greatest tools in the world, but I picked them up on Friday just so I would have the complete kit. Better to have them and not need them than vice versa I suppose.
 
After many years of buying nothing but Hondas (and one Kawi), I purchased a new Triumph a few weeks ago.

One of my first thoughts upon removing the rear seat: "Hey, what's this (substantial) black bag full of metal goodies?"

:D
 
Buffalorider_imp said:
I cheated.
When I sold my BMW K75 to buy the CB I kept the tool roll.
Now I just need to figure out where to carry it. :-/
BMW's come with such nice tool kits. My '06 Guzzi came with a very complete set of decent quality tools also.
 
Thread starter
Thanks to all for your help. Guth, I'm going with your suggestion and ordered a Cruz tool set. I also ordered a Hepco Becker rack and topcase to use until I can get a proper rack and backrest fabricated. Thanks to all and ride safe!
 
Back
Top