dBuster_imp
Been there
What screen is that?!cbfan_imp said:After too many Harley's on the road...............
Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 4.1.4
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
What screen is that?!cbfan_imp said:After too many Harley's on the road...............
dBuster_imp said:See now I never thought to bundle the auto part of honda with the cycle part in regards to advertising. I thought they were like two separate operating entities...
I don't know that I'd call the CB1100 a dud yet. Honda imported it knowing that it was a niche bike and would not sell like their more popular models. Take the last generation CB750 as an example. It was never a big seller, but Honda sold it here for 12 years.Rboe_imp said:It appears to me the Japanese know their home market very well, the US less so. Understandable; we tell them to import something and then we don't buy it (W650, our CB1100, GB500 etc.) but from time to time they hit a home run (Goldwing). We're a fickle bunch.
Mike, I had a similar concern, except it was over a different bike. I was looking at the CB1100 and the Yamaha FZ-09. However, I have some experience with Harley's, (I like them for what they are, not a Harley "basher"). In the end, of course, I bought the CB1100.ARMike_imp said:I know...crazy comparison! I just joined this thread because have been lurking and am a long time Honda rider. In my young days I rode a CL down every back road I could find. Since then I've had several Honda dirt bikes. Now am in my early 50's and looking for a bike for the street. I did have a Bonneville because I like the old school look. Have ridden about every Harley but just can't seem to pull the trigger. I also like the BMW GS as I like to ride back and mountain roads and just explore. My wife doesn't ride with me so will be 1 up. I anxiously waited for the CB and looked at it soon it came out and like it. Then I just kept looking at HD's until the past weekend and I went back to the Honda dealer again. I really like the CB so started reading all the post. I also stated checking at the windscreens as this was a concern but looks like there are options. I like naked most of the time but some wind protection would be nice at times. Am planning on taking one out this weekend for a demo ride. Not sure what I am asking for in the post unless you can give me some input on if any of you ride both and your impression of the CB versus an HD. Am looking at the softails. Like I said though only back and mountain roads and very little highway or long trips. Have lots of beautiful mountain roads here in Arkansas to ride without ever getting on the highway.
Thanks for letting me just talk on my first post. Dang I love this bike!!
I purchased my CB1100 a couple of days ago, it was the last one the dealer had, (a large dealer in DFW), and they said they do not know when they will have any more, could be next year. They sold several of them. It won't, of course, be their best seller, but it's doing ok.Rboe_imp said:It appears to me the Japanese know their home market very well, the US less so. Understandable; we tell them to import something and then we don't buy it (W650, our CB1100, GB500 etc.) but from time to time they hit a home run (Goldwing). We're a fickle bunch.

+1.ride4now_imp said:Wow... As a Harley, Kawasaki, AND Honda owner... I'm glad I've missed most of this conversation. I might have been banned... I tend to like to argue. I forget who asked the original question but I remember reading that you decided to buy the CB. Good choice! But of course... I would have said that if you bought the Harley. After all... It's YOUR bike. Ride safe and enjoy your CB!
Currently, my work responsibilities enforce only day trips on my CB1100 and my other older Hondas, but in a couple years I'll have the free time for week-long trips and I'll be in the market for one of these two bikes (Harley or F6B / similar). I've sat on the F6B at the NYC motorcycle show and at the local dealership and I think it is great (plus that flat six!), but on the other hand I've always wanted a bigger HD. Bubblerboy, I'm closely following your comments!bubblerboy64_imp said:Yesterday for the lack of anything better to do I road my new to me Valkyrie to Twiggs in Hagerstown. Those fellows from top to bottom are the nicest most professional people I have encountered in my dealings. M&S Harley in Chambersburg is also a top notch outfit but Twiggs is outstanding. Never too busy to talk with you and always more then willing to allow a test ride or to do what ever it takes. Anyways I looked at two bikes. The F6B which is nice but probably more then I need. I test rode a CTX with the auto transmission and that's a very interesting bike. I personally like the auto shift but they make the bike with a regular shift. I thought the bike was especially nimble and easy to ride. Can be set up with a nice fairing and small hard bangs, sorta like a baby wing. Anyone looking for a bike for a new rider or a short distance run around would do well to look at the CTX 700. A little expensive however. As an aside I some how got to one of the Harley forums and they were talking about the Honda F6B as it compared to the street glide. I found it interesting that they freely admit to some significant quality issues with their bikes. Specifically the CVO which I thought was supposed to be their "best" bike. I haven't had a problem with any of my Harley's but admittedly mine don't get ridden much. I was rather surprised about the comments. They typically don't like the esthetics of the Honda's but they freely admit better performance and better quality at a reduced cost. If you are getting it straight from the Harley guys themselves must be some truth to it. I was surprised to read this from the boys themselves. And it makes me reconsider my opinions.