CB1100 observation and advice needed

TCBronson_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
So I have decided I want to buy a CB1100. It will be my only rider. I have found many New 2014 Black bikes for around $7500. I just don't like all the black and the expense to change that is not wise. I found a few 2013 red bikes even one new one. The price range from under $6000 to $7500 for the new one. The Deluxe is what I really want, but they are hard to find and are usually priced over $8500 used.

Besides the obvious differences between 2013 and 2014 (5 speed vs 6, black spokes on 2013, side cover silver vs red, 4 in to 1 vs. 4 in to 2, seats and gauges) what else is there? I heard handle bars are taller on Deluxe? Also a new bike will have a warranty.

Interested in your thoughts. Thanks
 
2014 DLX (vs. STD & 2013):
- ABS
- 4.6 gallon tank
- 40lbs heavier

2-3 Months ago I found a pre-owned DLX with 1,900 miles on it. Should be relatively clean and low mileage so it wasn't a 'must-have' warranty.
 
Thread starter
BayAreaRick_imp said:
2014 DLX (vs. STD & 2013):
- ABS
- 4.6 gallon tank
- 40lbs heavier

2-3 Months ago I found a pre-owned DLX with 1,900 miles on it. Should be relatively clean and low mileage so it wasn't a 'must-have' warranty.
Yes, I forgot about the tank size and ABS, thanks!
 
Rick, LongRanger is correct. The service manual also makes it clear that the combined are '13 only.
 
TC, what matters to you—e.g. ABS, number of gears, etc? There's been plenty of discussion on this forum about whether 6 speed is better than 5 and ABS is better than not, and it all comes down to preference, really.

If it's the DLX you really want, I'm afraid you'll have to settle for second hand and you'll have to wait until one comes up and then pounce. From past observation here, you'll also have to be prepared to travel to get it or buy it sight unseen and freight it. The good news is that they do turn up and they're generally in good nick.

Good luck.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
TC, what matters to you—e.g. ABS, number of gears, etc? There's been plenty of discussion on this forum about whether 6 speed is better than 5 and ABS is better than not, and it all comes down to preference, really.

If it's the DLX you really want, I'm afraid you'll have to settle for second hand and you'll have to wait until one comes up and then pounce. From past observation here, you'll also have to be prepared to travel to get it or buy it sight unseen and freight it. The good news is that they do turn up and they're generally in good nick.

Good luck.
You are right! Thanks
 
How did Cormanus' question ...number of gears, etc? get changed to ...number of bears... ???

Personally I'm happy with 5 gears and 0 bears. :)
 
:thumbsup: :beerchug: :clap:
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
I vote for number of bears be changed to # of beers. :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed, although it's a bit early in the day for me.

Lord Popgun_imp said:
How did Cormanus' question ...number of gears, etc? get changed to ...number of bears... ???

Personally I'm happy with 5 gears and 0 bears. :)
Good pick up, popgun. TCB quoted my original post which I hadn't proof read carefully. It talked about bears. By the time I edited it he'd posted. :beerchug:
 
LOL Cormanus! It is beer time here, so I'll think I'll just go get one! A beer, not a bear :)
 
LOL. Have one for me, popgun. It's just after breakfast here so a bit early, even for me!
 
The '14 models also have additional features on the LCD instrument display including gear indicator and miles to empty, etc.
 
Back
Top