Whoops
Been there
Thread starter
This might be a dumb question for most folks here, but the 2014 I bought a few weeks ago came with a carbon fiber version of the Yoshimura RS-3 slip-on. When I posted my "hello" to the new members section I expressed a little dislike for the RS-3 and one or two people mentioned they would trade me the stock for the Yoshimura.
I tried to find the carbon fiber version that my bike has online and it seems that either they don't make it anymore or I am just looking in all the wrong places. What's the draw for the RS-3 on our bikes? Noise? Less restricted air flow? And is there any benefit to the carbon fiber version? Surely it is just a wrap so it doesn't really reduce weight, right? Is it purely aesthetics?
From what I read about unrestricting the engine with the Guhl programming and a fuel mapping add-on, then perhaps there is a performance increase but also it seems only with an air intake mod as well.
Just curious and wondering. The look is kind of growing on me but I must confess, I find the size looks a bit out of balance with the retro nature of the bike. It certainly sounds better to me now with the silencer insert installed, but I find I am still trying to come to terms with the look and sound. Also, at what mileage should I send it in for repacking?
I tried to find the carbon fiber version that my bike has online and it seems that either they don't make it anymore or I am just looking in all the wrong places. What's the draw for the RS-3 on our bikes? Noise? Less restricted air flow? And is there any benefit to the carbon fiber version? Surely it is just a wrap so it doesn't really reduce weight, right? Is it purely aesthetics?
From what I read about unrestricting the engine with the Guhl programming and a fuel mapping add-on, then perhaps there is a performance increase but also it seems only with an air intake mod as well.
Just curious and wondering. The look is kind of growing on me but I must confess, I find the size looks a bit out of balance with the retro nature of the bike. It certainly sounds better to me now with the silencer insert installed, but I find I am still trying to come to terms with the look and sound. Also, at what mileage should I send it in for repacking?