CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect. Let's see if we can get 25 Forum Members to take a picture of their happy places and share the love. David
 
I went out and got some today, although I'd like to defer picking next months pick to whoever posts next

The very first place that having the CB makes me happy is in my garage. Love walking out there and seeing it.

WVFuQ6Wh.jpg


But I have a feeling that's not in the spirit of the challenge. As soon as I read the challenge I knew where I was going to go take a pic, "My Road"

"My Road" is St Rt 743 a 6-mile long road in sw Ohio. 6 miles of sheer bliss.. up and down, full of left and right sweepers (64 of them if I remember correctly) that can be ridden in 1 gear at 1 speed, no need for brakes from the very top to the very bottom where it meets RT 52 The Ohio River Scenic Byway. A real rhythm road. Usually no traffic (you do have to watch out for deer and turkeys). I love this road and ride it several days a week. Love riding it, never tire of it.



kKd0oMeh.jpg


It also leads to this road

fWJ0Lv2h.jpg


and this road

SXbjA7jh.jpg


and a dozen other similar fun roads. My happy place with my CB
 
the Ferret said:
I went out and got some today, although I'd like to defer picking next months pick to whoever posts next

The very first place that having the CB makes me happy is in my garage. Love walking out there and seeing it.

WVFuQ6Wh.jpg


But I have a feeling that's not in the spirit of the challenge. As soon as I read the challenge I knew where I was going to go take a pic, "My Road"

"My Road" is St Rt 743 a 6-mile long road in sw Ohio. 6 miles of sheer bliss.. up and down, full of left and right sweepers (64 of them if I remember correctly) that can be ridden in 1 gear at 1 speed, no need for brakes from the very top to the very bottom where it meets RT 52 The Ohio River Scenic Byway. A real rhythm road. Usually no traffic (you do have to watch out for deer and turkeys). I love this road and ride it several days a week. Love riding it, never tire of it.



kKd0oMeh.jpg


It also leads to this road

fWJ0Lv2h.jpg


and this road

SXbjA7jh.jpg


and a dozen other similar fun roads. My happy place with my CB

I love your garage inside. It looks like a house room :thumbsup:
 
The beginning of each month sees me full of good intentions and ready to ride out to take a photo for the challenge. The end of the month comes around and I haven't done it because I forget or I've go too much happening and I haven't ridden anywhere outside the city and there aren't many riding happy places there.

So, this month, inspired by the Ferret, here are two photos of my CB1100, both taken in a happy place: just outside my garage on the way to and from riding out to do some errands. Just being on the CB1100 is a happy experience.

[attachment=375]

[attachment=374]
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9459 copy.webp
    IMG_9459 copy.webp
    893.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_9458 copy.webp
    IMG_9458 copy.webp
    847 KB · Views: 88
Cormanus said:
The beginning of each month sees me full of good intentions and ready to ride out to take a photo for the challenge. The end of the month comes around and I haven't done it because I forget or I've go too much happening and I haven't ridden anywhere outside the city and there aren't many riding happy places there.

So, this month, inspired by the Ferret, here are two photos of my CB1100, both taken in a happy place: just outside my garage on the way to and from riding out to do some errands. Just being on the CB1100 is a happy experience.

The Ferret inspires me, too. As for the picture, beautiful country; beautiful motorcycle; and a zillion miles ridden by a great man! I can articulate countless reasons why the engineering and manufacturing of a CB1100 (all vintages) enable them to stand the test of time. But for all that intellectualism, the fact remains that there is something mystical and transcendental about firing up a CB1100 that riders of other motorcycles struggle to realize. I love this month’s challenge, and I look forward to getting off this incredibly uncomfortable airplane and making a post tomorrow. :)
 
It went for another run today and even stopped in one of my happy places. Did I remember to take a photograph?
 
Despite being a relatively small mountain, Mount Diablo in Castro Valley has a viewshed upwards of 200 miles on a clear, crisp morning. The road to the summit is challenging and wonderful but requires complete attention and focus, just like this view. It was a moment where I was truly happy.
 

Attachments

  • Mount Diablo (July 2025).webp
    Mount Diablo (July 2025).webp
    296.9 KB · Views: 62
rdprdp01 said:
Despite being a relatively small mountain, Mount Diablo in Castro Valley has a viewshed upwards of 200 miles on a clear, crisp morning. The road to the summit is challenging and wonderful but requires complete attention and focus, just like this view. It was a moment where I was truly happy.

Very nice!


Because I don't ride my CB1100 to work, basically anywhere I ride it is a happy place. 

But, I do ride it to my weekend job, and if anyone has read more than a few of my posts, you know where that is. And now, I'm finally able to take a good photo of it.

The Petersen Museum sits on the corner of Wilshire and Fairfax in the "Miracle Mile" district of L.A. The original subway system completed sometime in the early 90s running East/West stopped way back at Western Avenue, a few miles East of Fairfax. However, the construction has continued in recent years, with the goal of extending the line further West down Wilshire. One of the main stations will be on the same corner as the museum, so a good view of the museum from any distance has been obscured by construction fencing and equipment. The road at the intersection has been sort of like Legos, with sections of street that could be removed for underground work.

However, with the underground work in the area complete, the roads have just been repaved and striped, creating a clear view despite a few remaining construction fences. On Saturday, I had an early morning tour. And, with everyone sleeping off their hangovers from 4th of July partying, the streets were fairly empty. The early morning overcast hadn't completely burned off yet, creating a partially grey background for the silver building. I was parked on the opposite side of the intersection from the museum for the photo, in front of Johnnie's, a former Googie-Style cafe that's been closed for years, and is now used as a filming location. Its exterior might be incorporated into the new train station, but I'm not sure. 

My other happy place is The Bike Shed in the Arts District of L.A. I like to stop and chat with other motorcycle riders, grab a coffee and had stopped on my way home Saturday. An iced coffee cooled me off and woke me up for the rest of my ride home through the downtown bustle, as I typically lane-split my way out of the city until traffic opens up further South on the way home. On Saturday, however the main parking area reserved for motorcycles was closed for an Anime festival that was taking place that evening. Looked like it was going to be a fun gig!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5025.webp
    IMG_5025.webp
    68.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_5026.webp
    IMG_5026.webp
    74.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5039.webp
    IMG_5039.webp
    77 KB · Views: 47
[quote="Gone in 60" pid='269522' dateline='1751916663']
rdprdp01 said:
Despite being a relatively small mountain, Mount Diablo in Castro Valley has a viewshed upwards of 200 miles on a clear, crisp morning. The road to the summit is challenging and wonderful but requires complete attention and focus, just like this view. It was a moment where I was truly happy.

Very nice!


Because I don't ride my CB1100 to work, basically anywhere I ride it is a happy place. 

But, I do ride it to my weekend job, and if anyone has read more than a few of my posts, you know where that is. And now, I'm finally able to take a good photo of it.

The Petersen Museum sits on the corner of Wilshire and Fairfax in the "Miracle Mile" district of L.A. The original subway system completed sometime in the early 90s running East/West stopped way back at Western Avenue, a few miles East of Fairfax. However, the construction has continued in recent years, with the goal of extending the line further West down Wilshire. One of the main stations will be on the same corner as the museum, so a good view of the museum from any distance has been obscured by construction fencing and equipment. The road at the intersection has been sort of like Legos, with sections of street that could be removed for underground work.

However, with the underground work in the area complete, the roads have just been repaved and striped, creating a clear view despite a few remaining construction fences. On Saturday, I had an early morning tour. And, with everyone sleeping off their hangovers from 4th of July partying, the streets were fairly empty. The early morning overcast hadn't completely burned off yet, creating a partially grey background for the silver building. I was parked on the opposite side of the intersection from the museum for the photo, in front of Johnnie's, a former Googie-Style cafe that's been closed for years, and is now used as a filming location. Its exterior might be incorporated into the new train station, but I'm not sure. 

My other happy place is The Bike Shed in the Arts District of L.A. I like to stop and chat with other motorcycle riders, grab a coffee and had stopped on my way home Saturday. An iced coffee cooled me off and woke me up for the rest of my ride home through the downtown bustle, as I typically lane-split my way out of the city until traffic opens up further South on the way home. On Saturday, however the main parking area reserved for motorcycles was closed for an Anime festival that was taking place that evening. Looked like it was going to be a fun gig!
[/QUOTE]

That is a great Saturday morning. Beautiful pictures.
 
I was playing around with an app called Photoroom last night.

So, I can’t ride in a place like this, which would make me really happy, but I can imagine I can through the magic of AI…
 

Attachments

  • Photoroom_20250710_002426.webp
    Photoroom_20250710_002426.webp
    64.5 KB · Views: 33
The options are now limitless for where you can ride the CB.
Today I rode on a mountain on the way to my spaceship.
Pretty impressive app, especially how the shadows are generated. 

[attachment=409][attachment=408]
 

Attachments

  • cb ai 2-Photoroom.webp
    cb ai 2-Photoroom.webp
    211.5 KB · Views: 71
  • cb ai-Photoroom.webp
    cb ai-Photoroom.webp
    206.9 KB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top