CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I was replying when I got the "trouble accessing site" pop-up. There's a history of previous challenges, but there wouldn't be any harm in repeating something if you thought it was cool. With the winter months and lots of members having their bikes in hibernation, yeah, having a "can't get out and ride" option is nice.

Mostly it would be great to get more participation in any of the challenges!
 
MagnaRider_imp said:
Heres my first entrant into the monthly photo contest!

I got this from my best friend and life long riding buddy (we grew up riding ATVs together as kids. Every day after school we would ride around my farm, me on a Kawasaki Bayou 220 and him on a Polaris 2-stroke, now we both have big polaris sportsmen but we don't ride nearly as much as we used to, we upgraded to bikes lol)

The jacket fits me perfectly, vintage would be 70s I think? I wear it in the colder weather since it really blocks the wind and has an inner liner that makes it even warmer. It was a great gift from his dad as it wouldn't fit him or my best friend anymore.
I know this jacket! I had this exact one. The vintage is actually late 80's if you are curious. It was made by Wilson's Leather which was formerly Berman's prior to 1986. I think I paid about $250-$300 for it back in 1988 as a junior in high school. I have no idea if that was a style that ran for multiple years or not though.

They had stores in the malls all across the US. They actually turned out pretty high quality leather goods well into the late 90's. They are still around online, but the last leather jacket I bought from them in 2010'ish was not the same as their jackets in the 80's and 90's. The lining was cheap, poor stitching, low grade leather, etc. After two exchanges due to defects, I just returned it for my money back. I wish I was the same size as I was in high school. I would still have that jacket if so.
 
Thats crazy you had the same jacket! It definitely is a very nice leather jacket considering the age and its use, I'm surprised they sold for that much in the 80s, curious if it might be worth something today? I guess to the right buyer. Since it fits me so well, I won't be selling it yet ;)
Thanks for the reply, I just thought it was an older jacket but cool others had it too! I'll make sure to let my friends dad know!
 
Whoops_imp said:
MagnaRider_imp said:
Heres my first entrant into the monthly photo contest!

I got this from my best friend and life long riding buddy (we grew up riding ATVs together as kids. Every day after school we would ride around my farm, me on a Kawasaki Bayou 220 and him on a Polaris 2-stroke, now we both have big polaris sportsmen but we don't ride nearly as much as we used to, we upgraded to bikes lol)

The jacket fits me perfectly, vintage would be 70s I think? I wear it in the colder weather since it really blocks the wind and has an inner liner that makes it even warmer. It was a great gift from his dad as it wouldn't fit him or my best friend anymore.
I know this jacket! I had this exact one. The vintage is actually late 80's if you are curious. It was made by Wilson's Leather which was formerly Berman's prior to 1986. I think I paid about $250-$300 for it back in 1988 as a junior in high school. I have no idea if that was a style that ran for multiple years or not though.

They had stores in the malls all across the US. They actually turned out pretty high quality leather goods well into the late 90's. They are still around online, but the last leather jacket I bought from them in 2010'ish was not the same as their jackets in the 80's and 90's. The lining was cheap, poor stitching, low grade leather, etc. After two exchanges due to defects, I just returned it for my money back. I wish I was the same size as I was in high school. I would still have that jacket if so.
Huh... thinking about that, yeah, I bought my first black leather jacket at a Wilson's Leather store in the Brea Mall back when I was in college in the late '80s.

Sorta wish I still had it. It had a very definite '80s hair-band cut to it, which I'm sure would be very stylish today.

And happy to say that I'm finally back down to my high school / college sizes, so yeah, it would fit me. I recently pulled a leather jacket out of mothballs that I bought about ten years ago.
 
New month new challenge, and I believe its me?
Well this has probably been done before, but I don't feel like searching through almost 500 pages of posts to find out. Hopefully this works

In the spirit of March and St Patrick's day, if you can ride (Hopefully will be everyone by end of the month) take a picture in front of something green!
If you can't ride, take a picture of your lucky charm that comes with you on the bike (RLETs not allowed lol)
 
I'm about to go out for a ride on the CB. My two little Talismans are 1) A set of Rosary Beads and 2) One of my "camping medals" a small group of us award ourselves for camping in Winter. It's ribbon is in the Irish Tricolour colours.

 
Nice work Tev, I like the lucky charms.
 
I nearly lost the medal, you can see it missing in the 2nd photo. Luckily it was on the floor at the entrance to the car park, 23 miles later!
 
Tev62_imp said:
I nearly lost the medal, you can see it missing in the 2nd photo. Luckily it was on the floor at the entrance to the car park, 23 miles later!
Wow, that is lucky! That medal is a definite keeper. Sounds like my lucky knife that I used to carry in my back pocket when I worked ten events a year. I lost it at least five times, and I either found it or someone picked it up and returned it to me each time.

Looking forward to some sporadic rain to clear out so I can get on my CB and get some photos. Luckily, the rain means everything around here is green right now. :)
 
there's some trees in the background, hope it counts :)

b670108972bde39d7ca7da01d192d3cd.jpeg
 
Got some bad news about a friend last night, so I got some ride therapy today. Beautiful day, and lots of green with our recent rains. I could have parked next to a green construction fence, but this was more appealing.
 
Thanks, Nacho! It was one of those things when a friend calls, and you can hear that tone in the voice, you know its gonna be bad. He broke the news that another buddy was camping in Texas when a tornado went through the RV park and the rest was history.

It actually was a very gratifying ride. The pic with my helmet on the seat is at Cook's Corner, the local biker hangout. On a Sunday afternoon, it was jumping, live music playing, and with one of the few non-Harleys in the lot, my CB was getting a good deal of attention. One guy who walked up and was ogling my bike was a young man named Alejandro, who had just parked his Enfield 350 Classic. He had that glowing look of a new-ish rider who was still on Cloud Nine.

I said that I had an Enfield Interceptor, and he got excited, as he wants to upgrade his 350 to the 650 Twin. Already knows what color and options he wants. We talked for about half an hour. He had just ridden his 350 to San Francisco and back to visit friends. I told him that was quite a bold choice in machinery to take on California highways with 21 horsepower. "Yeah, I mostly stuck to the right edge of the right lane..."

I guess if Pdedse can ride his Interceptor from Oregon to San Diego and back, and this guy can ride his 350 single to SF and back, I shouldn't worry too much about taking mine an hour each way to work a couple of times a month!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top