CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to go to the Chemist today for some soothing eye drops. One of the staff members comes in on a Ninja 250 so they put some motorcycle only parking out front for him, nice.

So this is my August entry :)

 
Bazbro_imp said:
I like that this is painted like a 'box junction', Tev. No cars can mistake that!
Yes, never seen that bay blocked. You might have some problem picking up your prescription if you parked your car there :)
 
That boat-shaped restaurant it really neat looking. We have a boat-shaped restaurant in Southern California as well. Clearman's, which has a small chain of restaurants, is known for quirky architecture. I'll have to grab a photo of their location in La Mirada on my way to the museum. It's adjacent to The 5 Freeway, and has fake snow on the roof. Their location in San Gabriel is called "The Boat", and features a boat nestled up to the restaurant building. It was an actual mail boat between San Francisco and Alaska dating back to 1913, and was converted into a Clearman's restaurant in the 60s. It now sits next to their larger restaurant but is, I think, just a neat feature and not functional.

A bit far for me to ride, but I eat there once a year, at least. On the last Sunday of the year, there's a rally for antique cars (anything pre-1932) that runs through the Pasadena and San Gabriel area, down Colorado Blvd along the Rose Parade route, and ends at The Boat restaurant for lunch. I usually hitch a ride with one of my vintage car friends.

If Mrs. G doesn't want to come with me to the museum this Saturday and I ride, I'll snag a pic of an interesting nautically-themed building in L.A.'s industrial area that's pretty famous.

Tev, interesting markings on that motorcycle parking area. Here in California, our motorcycle parking areas are typically striped dianonally in white, suggesting narrow parking spaces for motorcycles.
 
Not a restaurant, an individual's HOUSE! lol

And I snagged the other part of the challenge today. Rode to 5 different MC dealerships (3 of them Harley shops, 1 Polaris and 1 Can Am) and finally found a MC Parking Only sign at the last one (Harley), just as I was about to throw in the towel

7e7e615caa76adadc39f5fd9fcce6c55.jpg
 
Wow, Ferret, you really gave this one a lot of work! So that's a boat-shaped house? Wow. We have house-shaped boats.
 
I dunno, Cormanus, I've seen shows about people living on boats in other parts of the world. Some look pretty residential.

Around here, if you go to L.A. Harbor, Marina Del Rey, a few others, you'll see semi-permanently docked vessels in some of the boat slips that clearly haven't moved in quite some time with porches, plants, lawn furniture, residential doors and windows, etc.
 
True that, Gone. I was thinking that, while there's plenty of people living on permanently docked boats in Australia, not many of them are house-shaped.
 
I haven't been riding a lot this year so I went on a 90 mile ride today. I need to get myself tuned up for the upcoming Rally. I stopped at a Harley dealer for the picture.
8546f59fe506bd076d84cdf88af95480.jpg
 
Dam fine to see you on the road, Suhawk.
 
During my morning ride, I was looking for a structure to photo for this month's challenge. Discouraged, I parked off the side of the highway and checked my photon powered Klingon watch. Then suddenly, I hear this loud whirling noise and I was shocked to see this spaceship structure parked right next to me! I was dam scared! I was then abducted by the Klingons and they promised to bring me back after they are done with their analysis of my brain. Keep my name on the Rally list A-man, this analysis shouldn't take the Klingons long. Another dam nice find.
2175a2ec1ab5530e2817bbfba282b771.jpg
 
suhawk305_imp said:
I haven't been riding a lot this year so I went on a 90 mile ride today. I need to get myself tuned up for the upcoming Rally. I stopped at a Harley dealer for the picture.
8546f59fe506bd076d84cdf88af95480.jpg

You’re a brave man Charlie Brown…..parking a Honda on a HD dealer’s lot.
07ecaa8241808f801fd18c27ecfb93ec.png



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
mtneers_imp said:
suhawk305_imp said:
I haven't been riding a lot this year so I went on a 90 mile ride today. I need to get myself tuned up for the upcoming Rally. I stopped at a Harley dealer for the picture.
8546f59fe506bd076d84cdf88af95480.jpg

You’re a brave man Charlie Brown…..parking a Honda on a HD dealer’s lot.
07ecaa8241808f801fd18c27ecfb93ec.png



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You’re a brave man Charlie Brown…..parking a Honda on a HD dealer’s lot.
d775b43052cdacedebe7b4f615ec41ce.png



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk :thumbsup:
 
No problem, when the Harley guys came out armed with baseball bats, I showed them Ferret’s picture and they back off immediately.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top