CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Nacho, if you're getting the weather we got, it will be nice and sunny in no time.
Just one more trip to Home Depot first thing this morning... too bleary-eyed to ride, however. Some projects just never end.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Well, Nacho, if you're getting the weather we got, it will be nice and sunny in no time.
Just one more trip to Home Depot first thing this morning... too bleary-eyed to ride, however. Some projects just never end.
Spot-on, Gone. We have had absolutely beautiful weather today. Hope your day was as great.
 
A few yellow flowers found in the "Massif Central" montains, last sunday...
65a464a75a99cf11f4981afe66052be4.jpg


60b58dc7e17c9b2488dc8525d58c255b.jpg


Not the first time my wife enhances the bike look with a few flowers, she started in 1978 on the CB400... Yet I told her they wouldn't last more than 5 minutes riding, but she doesn't mind!
1c039f0f05540b27d25e7ee250e8990c.jpg


Other pictures of this riding day in this Google album : 2024-0414 Moto en Haute-Loire · Sunday, Apr 14, 2024 📸
 
That is very pretty!

I'm a bit challenged. They built a very nice new interchange near my office as part of the perpetual 405 Freeway expansion.
They landscaped the on-ramp from the boulevard in front of my office to the new widened section of freeway and it's an explosion of pink carpet with all of the flowers right now. Only problem is that I'd need to stop traffic on the ramp to get off and take a picture... don't think that would go well.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
That is very pretty!

I'm a bit challenged. They built a very nice new interchange near my office as part of the perpetual 405 Freeway expansion.
They landscaped the on-ramp from the boulevard in front of my office to the new widened section of freeway and it's an explosion of pink carpet with all of the flowers right now. Only problem is that I'd need to stop traffic on the ramp to get off and take a picture... don't think that would go well.
There could always be worse headlines on the Evening L.A. News.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
That is very pretty!

I'm a bit challenged. They built a very nice new interchange near my office as part of the perpetual 405 Freeway expansion.
They landscaped the on-ramp from the boulevard in front of my office to the new widened section of freeway and it's an explosion of pink carpet with all of the flowers right now. Only problem is that I'd need to stop traffic on the ramp to get off and take a picture... don't think that would go well.
There could always be worse headlines on the Evening L.A. News.
Yeah, but I don't want to be in the headlines for that. Or for anything, really.
 
Don’t know what these trees are, but there’s a row of them for the last block of my commute. They put out these pretty pink flowers for a few weeks then puke them onto the street in a sticky mass.
 
Thanks for the info GO!
I’ve called them Pink Trees since I was a kid.
Didn’t realize I was a horticulturalist.
 
This was a big weekend in our town, and I was hoping to get a picture of it with my CB1100 to commemorate the occasion. The iconic fountain in the middle of our town plaza was just re-dedicated following reconstruction after this happened last year:

There's a rose garden around the fountain which is nice, but probably not yet in full bloom. I was hoping for more flowers, and to get my bike closer to them, but there was a festival and a car show in the way. Still, nice to have our fountain and rose garden back.
 
Figured I’d submit one more for the month. Don’t know what kind of tree this is, but the trunk is dark orange and gnarled. No leaves yet, just intense red blooms all over it.

It’s on one of my afternoon walking routes that I hadn’t taken for a while until today, when I saw the red flowers all over it.

I dig it because one part of the trunk leans over the sidewalk and just grazes my hat as I walk under it. Sort of like a feeler gauge. I can turn around and look at it and think “Huh, that’s how tall I am.”
 
Nice! We’ve had some beautiful fields of yellow flowers out here this spring. Soon to disappear but very nice while we’ve got ‘em.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top