CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a very durable jacket indeed Alps, congrats!

Guess I'm a bit of a hamster who cannot throw away good gear, thought i would have trouble getting in to my leather " race overalls " as they were called then but ........

fc31b8a819f2209a2adbdcb5a819de46.jpg


The picture was taken by a photographer on the way back from the Assen TT with my buddies, we were a group of many returning from the races and he was busy taking pictures of all who wanted one, now i'm glad he did.

So it fitted fine including the same boots as in the picture and would have been around 1972, only 51 years ago, guess it's true what they say about leather gear;" it lasts a lifetime"

A bit of an ask to photograph yourself away from home with a tripod, self timing camera etc. so i guess i cheated a bit, nice subject!
 
This challenge is becoming somewhat of a who-can-still-fit exercise.
Speaking of which, I need to get more of that if I want my current gear to still fit.
 
as I was going to ride the CB out to lunch today it was the perfect day to make my contribution to this month's challenge

This pair of boots is probably the oldest gear I have (maybe a pair of gloves or two). They are Alpine Stars and at least 20 years old. The pics not on my CB are pics of me wearing them on my 2001 Yamaha FZ-1

1cfe2044555dd0633ef633add6d1fea0.jpg


e39fa6e7ec23b0c8750820c3d8b9f753.jpg


7fcdad797d5df437ded28fbeae1cc396.jpg


f081640f3177316dc20a9793b82ce27b.jpg


The leather jacket isn't that old, a Fox Creek, is maybe 10 years old
 
Among jackets and boots, I hope you still admit CBs in the monthly photo challenge.
Here, my CB11 met with a beautiful, fully restored, polished CB750 K2 near Gunterville.

 
The oldest gear I still have:
A Bieffe GT 1500 helmet and a Wilsons Leather jacket. I believe I got the helmet and jacket around 2000?
Right after this photo was taken, I went back home and swapped the Bieffe helmet for my Shoei, and continued my ride.
826eb4f917c8fbd01a846a97b4e999aa.jpg
 
That was probably a safe thing to do suhawk. It looked like you were about to have an eye fall out in the Bieffe. :)

Nice seeing you again almost two months later.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
That was probably a safe thing to do suhawk. It looked like you were about to have an eye fall out in the Bieffe. :)

Nice seeing you again almost two months later.
I agree there was a risk riding with a helmet that old, but it wasn’t that far from my house. I must add that my Shoei GT Air II is superior to that Bieffe helmet, in all categories.
FYI: my eye did not poop out. That has to wait until I die and then the junkyard Doctors can pull out my useable parts! :D
Hope to see you at next year’s rally!
 
mtneers_imp said:
OCTOBER PHOTO CHALLENGE

Your CB at a location other than your garage or driveway, pictured with the oldest motorcycle garment (shirt, pants, gloves, jacket, hat, boots, helmet - if worn) that you still own.

Not necessarily a garment you have had in your possession since you acquired your CB, but one from your motorcycle riding days in total.

T-shirt from the 2007 Sturgis motorcycle rally.


c72b38f0b4e4a41c7a9e03c4906016c7.jpg

520283b6806af26e7f08c2e61932d5fd.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
i was in sturgis in 07 as well lol
 
I’m at a trade show in Vegas and have had limited opportunities to catch up on the forum, but looking back, was I first in October? If so, I have an interesting idea for November.
 
Ok, how about this: since some of us are still riding while others have already had to put their bikes away for the season, here are two options. We might have done this before, I’m not sure.

If you are still riding, your CB with a train. Could be a whole train, part of a train, a currently running train, a static, historically displayed train.

If you can no longer ride this month, your bike shown with your oldest motorcycle-specific tool in your arsenal.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top