CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

As I owned the 1923 Ford in the photo until just the other day, I couldn't have posed my bike with it anyway, but I would recommend others to go on-line and look for antique auto clubs in their area and contact them. They are usually fun folk and like to share photo ops with interested parties. In the US there is the Model T Ford Club of America and the Model T Ford Club International, both of which have web sites which list local chapters.
Have fun!
 
46 mile ride on the CB looking for old cars to take a picture with the CB for this month's CB forum Photo Challenge. Found a 40's Willy's (80 years old) and 70's Wagoneer. (50 years old)

8741c4ddb0d9777c9683b000dc809a4d.jpg


02f7a7ee7964ab93c7764a90d06c4c7e.jpg


Saw a 20 or 30's something car (looked like a model A or something) while out for a ride with Mrs Ferret this morning which would have been great for the photo challenge, however I was on my NC at the time.

Thought sure I'd find someone out cruising in their 57 Chev or something
 
Here was my ride for the day, but didn’t bring the CB to take a pic with it, as Mrs. came along to ride in a parade with me.

After muscling the ‘28 around for a few hours, when I got back in my little Fiesta, I felt like I was going to push the clutch pedal through the floor.
 
Ferret, I'm studying the picture of that faded red Jeep, an XJ Cherokee.

Is that a big wooden plank stuck on its nose, or am I seeing things?
 
Yep probably used to push things with.
 
How about a 1967 Lincoln Continental like was used in the TV series The Green Hornet with Van Williams as the Green Hornet and Bruce Lee as Kato?

987dc6d698a915a03c1230215ddeb8f8.jpg
 
Nice! I helped restore a '62 Continental years ago. It was madness. That car tried to employ the levels of luxury features we take for granted now. But, with '60s technology, they did it with vacuum and fluid pressure instead of computers. Not fun. But a very pretty car.

Bruce Lee did play Kato, you are correct. The Black Beauty, however, was a Chrysler. I'm sure the bad guys drove Lincolns...
And, if you watch Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, in the scene where Bruce Lee is kicked into the side of a car, that car is a Lincoln. So... there is a tie-in of sorts. :)
 
hmmm then I was misinformed by a very good friend about the Lincoln being in the show. We were driving to lunch yesterday as usual (only in my truck instead of the bikes cause it was raining), and I spotted the car and said "Jimmy what kind of car is that?" and he said " That's a mid 60's Lincoln Continental like was used in the Green Hornet TV series" Sorry for the bad info. Bad Jimmy!
 
Actually, the cars look fairly similar for an interesting reason.

Chrysler’s sales were falling in the early’60s. The blame was largely placed on their chief stylist, Virgil Exner. Meanwhile, Bill Engel had just designed the smash hit Lincoln starting with the 1961 model.

What did Chrysler do? Fire Exner and replace him with Engel. So, it’s not surprising that by the mid ‘60s, Chrysler Imperials looked quite a bit like his earlier ‘60s Lincolns.
 
ok I'll forgive Jimmy this time, but he's on thin ice! :P

Your knowledge of this stuff is amazing Gone. :worship:
 
I’d cut him some slack. The Black Beauty was so heavily modified that hardly looked like a Chrysler or a Lincoln.
 
I know it's a challenge of my own making, but it would be much easier if they'd let me park my CB inside the museum, instead of in the garage. I'd just park it next to something made out of brass and wood and take a picture.

After submitting that the CB1100 is a historically significant motorcyle, as it is Honda's, and perhaps the world's last air-cooled, four cylinder inline production model, and therefore the last example of a classic UJM, I was told to stop bucking for indoor parking.

However... now that we have photographic evidence that Jay Leno considers the bike significant, they might change their tune. We will see.

I have told Mrs. Gone not to spin my Saturday Chore Wheel until I get back from our local early morning hot rod gathering, where I hope to find something interesting.

In the meantime, I submit to you, the 1982 Crown 30SP42TT-S. A true classic. And, I just finished cleaning and gapping most of its drive relays, so it is once again moving under its own power. It also has a steering wheel, which, in my book, makes it a car.
 
The ferret_imp said:
hmmm then I was misinformed by a very good friend about the Lincoln being in the show. We were driving to lunch yesterday as usual (only in my truck instead of the bikes cause it was raining), and I spotted the car and said "Jimmy what kind of car is that?" and he said " That's a mid 60's Lincoln Continental like was used in the Green Hornet TV series" Sorry for the bad info. Bad Jimmy!
Still a very interesting image Ferret.
 
Woke up early Saturday morning, and made a pilgrimage to Donut Derelicts in Huntington Beach. If you have an early morning Cars and Coffee meetup near you, this is the gathering that started them all. These guys have been coming to this strip mall parking lot on the corner of Magnolia and Adams for decades. The donut shop opens early to feed and caffinate everyone, giving the show its name. Everyone vacates the lot by around 8am when the shops start to open, starting the concept of the early Saturday morning meetup.

I've been coming here since the early 90s, when I had an old Cadillac. The pecking order is simple. Motorcycles gather around the donut shop itself, and the cars take up whatever space they can find. By the time I arrived, there were too many bikes clustered around the shop, but I found a space to share with a Ducati across the aisle. I found myself in the company of a grouping of old Fords, including a '34 and two '32s


After getting my customary chocolate bar and black coffee, I checked out the bikes and chatted with a few of the owners. the CB1100 is rare enough that I always get two or three guys asking about it. Most comments are: "I've heard about these but never saw one." "What year is that... it looks sort of old, but sort of not." "I've been looking for one of these, but haven't had much luck."





Venturing out from the cluster of '30s Fords after my donut, I walked the show, which covers the spectrum of cool, old cars. Rat rods, full classics, customs, low riders, you name it. My favorite car of the morning was an exquisitely finished restomod Charger.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top