CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice pic, A-Man. I picture Andy and Opey strolling along there with their fishing poles.

Speaking of which, just visited your fine state on business. You guys have more trees than we do…
 
That is beautiful, A-Man. Thank you for sharing. I lived in Tuckaseegee for a year in '74-'75, when I taught at Western Carolina. Love that area. You chose well.
 
Riding my CB1100EX back from a day out over the Liffey River in Celbridge, Co Kildare. The name Celbridge is derived from the Irish Cill Droichid meaning "Church of bridge" or "Church by the bridge"

The second photo is a shot of the Ha'Penny Bridge taken whilst on my ride with the Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride yesterday (charity run). Originally called the Wellington Bridge (after the Dublin-born Duke of Wellington), the name of the bridge was changed to Liffey Bridge after the Irish War of Independence in 1922. The Liffey Bridge remains the bridge's official name to this day, although it is most commonly referred to as the Ha'penny Bridge.



 
GoldOxide_imp said:
I like it Tev. :thumbsup:

= = =

Not a CB1100 qualifying challenge snap, but still in the spirit:

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13663&pid=335805#pid335805
The first shot I am on a bridge over a river which I thought was the challenge?

.....but how ‘bout extra credit for a pic of your bike on a bridge, particularly a “from the cockpit” view?

But I will agree there are a lot of better pictures than mine up for this months challenge. :D
 
He's not talking about your pics Tev he's talking about HIS pic which he linked to of his AT by a bridge
 
Tev62_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
I like it Tev. :thumbsup:

= = =

Not a CB1100 qualifying challenge snap, but still in the spirit:

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13663&pid=335805#pid335805
The first shot I am on a bridge over a river which I thought was the challenge?

.....but how ‘bout extra credit for a pic of your bike on a bridge, particularly a “from the cockpit” view?

But I will agree there are a lot of better pictures than mine up for this months challenge. :D
The first shot I am on a bridge over a river which I thought was the challenge?

.....but how ‘bout extra credit for a pic of your bike on a bridge, particularly a “from the cockpit” view?

But I will agree there are a lot of better pictures than mine up for this months challenge. :D
I like your image snaps Tev.

My sample submission doesn't qualify since firstly there is no CB1100. The other issue is the background bridge is some old creaky foot bridge (no vehicles possible).
 
Neat pics, Tev. How many riders did you fellas have on your DGR?
We had about 350 on the Orange County, CA ride. I was on my Enfield, since I rode the CB1100 last year.
 
The ferret_imp said:
He's not talking about your pics Tev he's talking about HIS pic which he linked to of his AT by a bridge
Oh, pay attention that lad at the back! :thumbsup:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
I like it Tev. :thumbsup:

= = =

Not a CB1100 qualifying challenge snap, but still in the spirit:

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13663&pid=335805#pid335805
The first shot I am on a bridge over a river which I thought was the challenge?

.....but how ‘bout extra credit for a pic of your bike on a bridge, particularly a “from the cockpit” view?

But I will agree there are a lot of better pictures than mine up for this months challenge. :D
The first shot I am on a bridge over a river which I thought was the challenge?

.....but how ‘bout extra credit for a pic of your bike on a bridge, particularly a “from the cockpit” view?

But I will agree there are a lot of better pictures than mine up for this months challenge. :D
I like your image snaps Tev.

My sample submission doesn't qualify since firstly there is no CB1100. The other issue is the background bridge is some old creaky foot bridge (no vehicles possible).
With you now, I am a little slow at the moment :s
Gone in 60_imp said:
Neat pics, Tev. How many riders did you fellas have on your DGR?
We had about 350 on the Orange County, CA ride. I was on my Enfield, since I rode the CB1100 last year.
We had around 130-170 depending on who was counting. I made a little video of the ride.

 
Looks like a fantastic day, Tev! Wow, somebody brought a CB1100! :) I shot some video, defintely not the quality of yours, but I'll have to post it. Great editing, maybe that's why you have more subscribers than me (2 - Mrs. G and Mom). You'll have to tell us what sort of editing program you use, and what 360 camera are you using?

Neat scenery too. I'd love to spend more time in Dublin someday, other than long enough to change planes at the airport, anyway.
 
Tev62_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
He's not talking about your pics Tev he's talking about HIS pic which he linked to of his AT by a bridge
Oh, pay attention that lad at the back! :thumbsup:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
I like it Tev. :thumbsup:

= = =

Not a CB1100 qualifying challenge snap, but still in the spirit:

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13663&pid=335805#pid335805
The first shot I am on a bridge over a river which I thought was the challenge?

.....but how ‘bout extra credit for a pic of your bike on a bridge, particularly a “from the cockpit” view?

But I will agree there are a lot of better pictures than mine up for this months challenge. :D
The first shot I am on a bridge over a river which I thought was the challenge?

.....but how ‘bout extra credit for a pic of your bike on a bridge, particularly a “from the cockpit” view?

But I will agree there are a lot of better pictures than mine up for this months challenge. :D
I like your image snaps Tev.

My sample submission doesn't qualify since firstly there is no CB1100. The other issue is the background bridge is some old creaky foot bridge (no vehicles possible).
With you now, I am a little slow at the moment :s
Gone in 60_imp said:
Neat pics, Tev. How many riders did you fellas have on your DGR?
We had about 350 on the Orange County, CA ride. I was on my Enfield, since I rode the CB1100 last year.
We had around 130-170 depending on who was counting. I made a little video of the ride.

That was enjoyable Tev. :thumbsup:
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
He's not talking about your pics Tev he's talking about HIS pic which he linked to of his AT by a bridge
Oh, pay attention that lad at the back! :thumbsup:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
I like it Tev. :thumbsup:

= = =

Not a CB1100 qualifying challenge snap, but still in the spirit:

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13663&pid=335805#pid335805
The first shot I am on a bridge over a river which I thought was the challenge?

.....but how ‘bout extra credit for a pic of your bike on a bridge, particularly a “from the cockpit” view?

But I will agree there are a lot of better pictures than mine up for this months challenge. :D
The first shot I am on a bridge over a river which I thought was the challenge?

.....but how ‘bout extra credit for a pic of your bike on a bridge, particularly a “from the cockpit” view?

But I will agree there are a lot of better pictures than mine up for this months challenge. :D
I like your image snaps Tev.

My sample submission doesn't qualify since firstly there is no CB1100. The other issue is the background bridge is some old creaky foot bridge (no vehicles possible).
With you now, I am a little slow at the moment :s
Gone in 60_imp said:
Neat pics, Tev. How many riders did you fellas have on your DGR?
We had about 350 on the Orange County, CA ride. I was on my Enfield, since I rode the CB1100 last year.
We had around 130-170 depending on who was counting. I made a little video of the ride.

That was enjoyable Tev. :thumbsup:
That was enjoyable Tev. :thumbsup:
Thanks GoldOxide.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Looks like a fantastic day, Tev! Wow, somebody brought a CB1100! :) I shot some video, defintely not the quality of yours, but I'll have to post it. Great editing, maybe that's why you have more subscribers than me (2 - Mrs. G and Mom). You'll have to tell us what sort of editing program you use, and what 360 camera are you using?

Neat scenery too. I'd love to spend more time in Dublin someday, other than long enough to change planes at the airport, anyway.
Post your video GIN60, I'll watch it!

For years and up to a month ago I used an old GoPro 4 Black which did a perfect job of recording off the side of my helmet. I purchased it from the GoPro "refurb line" at a discount. It has been wholly dependable all this time recording in a very managable 1080P/48fps (it does go to 4K though) and just lacked features like image stabilisation. I recently pushed the boat out and purchased a GoPro 11 and in a month I have lost more footage due to to missing audio than the last six years with the GoPro4! The 11 is a bit flaky I will say.

I use an Insta360X2 for the 360 footage, there is a newer one now but the differences are very minor, it is mainly a better user interface screen. Before you can use that footage you have to decide what 1080p portion of it you want and generate it to add to traditional flat footage from the GoPro, that can be a little time consuming.

But, most of all, the video editing/processing takes a lot of CPU power, cheap PC's/Laptops just don't cut it very well and are extremely frustrating and very time consuming. I would suggest an Intel i9/32GB memory and a good graphics card if possible, that doesn't come cheap. My good quality Intel i7/32GB machine with dedicated graphics card just gets by with 1080p processing, go to 4K footage and it caves.

For software I used to use PowerDirector, then Adobe Premier Elements, both paid for products but I have recently moved to DaVinci Resolve (free version) which is slowly hoovering up the hobby/consumer users. The paid for version has a decent stronghold in the professional realm too. Open the programme and you head explodes, a million options! But it is like everything, you won't use 90% of them and you can get to grips with it quite quickly with one 20 minute YouTube tutorial.

Windows does have a basic video editor called Microsoft ClipChamp, simple and easy enough to get some non complex videos together but not great for more complex footage.

For that 5 minute DGR footage I would of had an hour and a halfs worth of recording, the processing power is so you can zoom around the place finding the good stuff and making something the right length. No one wants to see me riding a bike for an hour and a half around Dublin, the video was there just to give some flavour of the day. That is the time consuming part of the whole edit thing. The more succint you can be with your video capture the less data you have to manipulate after. I really try to keep footage short and to the point now to make the video files more managable.

I hope that has provided a few insights anyways. I didn't realise I had been rambling on for so long :s
 
Don't lose the long and raw footage!

In fact, consider arranging it on a very large hard drive in a fashion where the raw videos can be easily retrieved (because you won't care much for computers in deep retirement) so you can spend long, lonely days in your "Sunny Meadows" residence rocking chair (hopefully with minimal drooling) and relive the moments on and off the saddle. I am sure a bit of muscle memory recall will help the bone rack feel good.

Also, the video wind noise sound tracks won't matter much either since more than half the hearing will be lost anyway.
 
Thanks for the detailed info, Tev! A few people were using the Insta 360 cameras on our ride. I follow Itchy Boots, and she uses one too. I'm starting to branch out a bit from just recording my commutes, using a Hero 8, which is flakey too. For now, just using the basic Windows editor which has no options, not even muting the wind noise, just overlaying simple music over it. I'll put up a simple video, but other than a few sweeping shots of me carrying the camera around the area, it's just me riding, with the camera mounted on my brake reservoir.

I do have all of my non-commute footage saved in a drive. As GO says, might want to enjoy that someday...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top