CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ferret_imp said:
Ron, my wife's brother was on that team. He was injured and didn't make the trip. You'd have thought that he would have had great relief for missing that flight, instead he felt deep regret/shame about it for years and eventually drank himself to death at age 46.
I remember from the film that there were a few (?) players that didn't make the trip and suffered from survivor's guilt...a difficult set of circumstances.
 
Yea at least 2 players. I met one of the others. He was the best man at my brother-in-laws second wedding, which didn't last too long.
 
Thread starter
Gone In 60 gets to pic the subject matter for May’s challenge. The cemetery challenge was dead for the first few days, but turned into a monumental success!
 
Don’t think I don’t see what you did there… :)

Just got home and am having some celebratory cocktails to cap off my trip.

I’ll put my thinking cap on for the May challenge. After riding over the Astoria-Meger and Lewis & Clark bridges, I’m in a bridgy mood…
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Gone In 60 gets to pic the subject matter for May’s challenge. The cemetery challenge was dead for the first few days, but turned into a monumental success!
He he.

This girl ran up to me at the cemetery and said "I need to pass through the cemetery but I'm scared to walk alone. Can you walk with me across?"
I said "Oh yeah of course. Don't worry, I used to be super scared of cemeteries when I was alive too."
 
Tev62_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
Gone In 60 gets to pic the subject matter for May’s challenge. The cemetery challenge was dead for the first few days, but turned into a monumental success!
He he.

This girl ran up to me at the cemetery and said "I need to pass through the cemetery but I'm scared to walk alone. Can you walk with me across?"
I said "Oh yeah of course. Don't worry, I used to be super scared of cemeteries when I was alive too."
He he.

This girl ran up to me at the cemetery and said "I need to pass through the cemetery but I'm scared to walk alone. Can you walk with me across?"
I said "Oh yeah of course. Don't worry, I used to be super scared of cemeteries when I was alive too."
:rofl: ...was she pretty? :)
 
I dunno, girls who like to hang out in cemeteries, even the pretty ones, usually have issues. I’d use the internet to pick up girls like everyone else.
 
Tev62_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
Gone In 60 gets to pic the subject matter for May’s challenge. The cemetery challenge was dead for the first few days, but turned into a monumental success!
He he.

This girl ran up to me at the cemetery and said "I need to pass through the cemetery but I'm scared to walk alone. Can you walk with me across?"
I said "Oh yeah of course. Don't worry, I used to be super scared of cemeteries when I was alive too."
He he.

This girl ran up to me at the cemetery and said "I need to pass through the cemetery but I'm scared to walk alone. Can you walk with me across?"
I said "Oh yeah of course. Don't worry, I used to be super scared of cemeteries when I was alive too."
lol - but was her pristine white dress soiled? :huh:

The CB1100 monthly topic photo challenge appeared to have resurrected itself quite nicely Forum folks.
 
Nov thru April are tough for the challenge as most of this country hibernates. You'd think the southwest states would pick up the slack during those months, but apparently we don't have a lot of active members down south.

So should be pretty good from now until Nov 1
 
The ferret_imp said:
Nov thru April are tough for the challenge as most of this country hibernates. You'd think the southwest states would pick up the slack during those months, but apparently we don't have a lot of active members down south.

So should be pretty good from now until Nov 1
Maybe already hot 'n' humid down there?

A time for multiple daily afternoon naps? :)
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Nov thru April are tough for the challenge as most of this country hibernates. You'd think the southwest states would pick up the slack during those months, but apparently we don't have a lot of active members down south.

So should be pretty good from now until Nov 1
Maybe already hot 'n' humid down there?

A time for multiple daily afternoon naps? :)
Geez that sounds nice :rofl:

ride nap, ride nap
 
Been pretty busy! Got back from my six-day ride Saturday night, couple hours of sleep, worked Sunday, packed, and back on the road this morning for a job site.

After riding over the Astoria-Meger and Lewis & Clark bridges, as well as a whole slew of others in Pdedse’s part of the country, how about bridges.

I know we did picture of your bike near a bridge a year or two ago, but how ‘bout extra credit for a pic of your bike on a bridge, particularly a “from the cockpit” view?
 
This bridge is in the Wicklow Mountains just South of Dublin. We used to have picnics here in the 70's. Unfortunately it has featured in a rather slushy film (apparently) so now appears on Google Earth as the "P.S. I Love You" bridge.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top